Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone here think Trump is a safe bet for Pres?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Unfortunately whilst Trump is clearly a lunatic Hilary Clinton is also a vile war mongering maniac who will still leave the world in a far more vulnerable place than it is today. This is the woman who after signing the orders to completely wreck a relatively stable Libya said "We came, we saw, he died!" on hearing Gadaffi had been brutally killed.

God help us all.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
The cities and the costs won't. The mountains and plains states and the South will, as they're a bit like certain places here - Chichester or Skipton and Ripon, say, where so long as your rosette is blue (or red if it's Liverpool or parts of London), you'll get elected. The crucial area is the Rust Belt. Are people hacked off enough with the Democrats to go for Trump? After all, he's given them enough people to get angry with. Hopefully not.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'd like to think that despite the admittedly sparse choice, a majority will back Clinton. Trump is a businessman, no politician and I hope that ordinary Americans never have Donald Trump as president trying to sort out the worlds conflicts by using the simple expedient of " Well we are not going to do business with you if you don't blah blah blah.... " All Mr Putin's Christmases' will have come at once.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Whilst I do not want Trump anywhere near being President, many American people HATE the Clinton's and everything about them. How is it the supposed 'Greatest Nation on Earth' can end up with Hilary and Donald going for Presidency. :nono:
Unfortunately not enough hate them to stop her getting the nomination ahead of Bernie :(

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
We voted for brexit so we can't really complain if they vote Trump. People in glass houses and all that!

The two are not in the remotest way related. Trump's Presidency would bring about the annihilation of civilisation as we know it. Brexit has just destabilised our economy for a few months.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Trump is dangerous and unstable but after Brexit I take nothing for granted, it could happen. The Chinese must look at all this and think they've got this government thing sorted. :nono:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Put it this way, 2016, so far, has been the most bizarre year in my life, and still 4.5 months to go, what with terrorism, celeb deaths, Brexit and all that went with it, it would not surprise me at all that this extraordinary year ends with Donald Trump as President.
God help you and God help the United States Of America.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
People either don't get taught history any more,or have very short memories.I give you President Ronald Reagan.A man less suited than Trump by a long,long way!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
People either don't get taught history any more,or have very short memories.I give you President Ronald Reagan.A man less suited than Trump by a long,long way!
Reagan didn't have personal financial ties to the USSR.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

deep irony is you havent read the history of Reagan, who had 20 years in politics, including 2 terms as Governor of California and failed presidential campaign before he became President in 1981.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003

Never thought I would defend Reagan but he had a record of political activity that I didn't support but which was within normal US political and constitutional parameters unlike this highly dangerous character. Using a barely coded incitement to violence against a political opponent takes him totally beyond acceptable standards of conduct in a democracy.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
If you can remember all the Remainer smears and negative campaigning you have an idea what The Donald is up against.

I took his comments to mean a voting block as I assume its still a democracy in the USA and I am not a paranoid bed wetter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here