Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone have a genuine complaint...

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
It would be nice if we could play some genuinely quick, attacking football….we haven't done that for some time. Sami is doing no worse on that score than Oscar. But our relatively cautious football over the past 18 months or so is something I would be inclined to complain about….

This. Watching us is so boring!

It's not the lack of wins, although that would make us feel a bit better. But coming away from a game against Rotherham being thankful for a point does set the alarm bells ringing.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yes I do, no-one stalks me at the Amex

So unfair.......

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
We didn't win 3/4 of those games though.

You can't polish a turd, and currently, that's what we are.

A manager that can't see his system is not working with a badly assembled squad put together in sheer panic

Boo boo? Yes it bloody well is boo hoo when the club have quite frankly shown utter naivity in the transfer market yet again

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
Kind of agree with this. I selfishly hoped we would have reinvested a bit more of the Ulloa/Barnes/Buckley cash in a more formidable striker. At the moment I can't see Baldock or COG hitting a barn with a bazooka from 10 yards away.

the only thing i would say in baldocks defenceis 1, he's not had a run of games yetand 2, i was miffed on saturday that colunga and cog were both crap yet we had what is arguably our biggest goal threat playing out on the right. that said, i don' think weve had a real out and out goal scorer since zamora.
if all or even a few these cheap players we signed turned out good then we would all be happy as punch. but unfortunatly despite selling and making some good money from good players we haven't seen an investment into quality players who can put the ball in the net.
i don't agree with those saying we don't attack quickly or enough. we have been far more than we did under the previous managers, we just don't have a team good enough to play this new style.
that said hypia, system management aside i don't want moan too much, just support the albion.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We didn't win 3/4 of those games though.

You can't polish a turd, and currently, that's what we are.

A manager that can't see his system is not working with a badly assembled squad put together in sheer panic

Boo boo? Yes it bloody well is boo hoo when the club have quite frankly shown utter nativity in the transfer market yet again

Yay are we signing Jesus ?

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Either get shot of Burke and let Sami bring players HE wants to in January or bin them both and bring in a manager and let him bring in players he wants for HIS team in January. I would be happy with both options but would prefer a fresh start.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Very prescient Bozza. Indeed I have no more grounds to complain than I did when we weren't winning as much as I would have liked under Mickey Adams mk2 or Jeff Wood for example.

In both those cases I'm glad I did.

And that's without the club's seemingly cackhanded handling of all things football managerial from the point at which Bloom appointed Paul Barber in the knowledge that he and Poyet would get on like rabies in a guide dogs home

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
I have another complaint. We are just as slow in the build up as we were under Oscar. I missed a few games and you guys were all raving about our attacking play and new style. I get back to watch last Saturday and the game yesterday and I reckon we may have even broken quicker last year than we do now. So apart from looking clueless we are at least as slow in the build up and less effective once we get there for players to have ridiculously hopeful attempts on goal from outside the box :smile:

Up until the last 2 home games we have at least created chances and opposition keepers have made saves. The last 2 home games have been very poor with very little attacking threat. Having said that I can remember being equally frustrated at times watching Oscar and Gus teams.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Lots of attempt to dress it up as otherwise, but it seems to be mainly the boo hoo option so far. Sound like a bunch of Man Utd fans.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Complaint: Sami is actually quite shy.

Answer: Needs to go on a confidence-building course. Maybe Albion in the Community run one.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Clearly if the current results were 5-7-2 as opposed to 2-7-5 then the number of draws would not be an issue as we would be just outside the play off positions and the lack of goals or the wrong system would not be a concern. It is also an issue of increased expectations given the last two seasons. Everything seemed so much better after the Leeds win but that us no fading away. Win the next few league games and things look better. However we are in danger of being some distance from the teams above us if the drawing and losing sequence continues.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If the strikers were scoring then, no, 'league one strikeforce' and 'you get what you pay for' wouldn't be valid concerns. But they aren't scoring, so those concerns are valid.

We're currently taking a letter opener to a knife fight

Don't get me wrong, the strikers aren't the only aspect not working at the moment but yeah... you get what you pay for.

A very valid complaint. Neatly demonstrated yesterday by the brilliant work of the jinking McCourt being wasted, as a bunch of League One strikers stood nailed to the pitch. After so many poor results, the excuse of unlucky, if only this or if only that, is dillusional. The largely League One squad is sleepwalking to its natural home of League One, after some severe depleting of squad quality over the last 18 months. Strangely, Bournemouth and Derby, also with no PL parachute money and also subject to FFP rules, seem to be marching light years ahead in terms of pace, passing, mobility, battling, goals and wins.

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
Complaint? Yes. The club appears to have lost all sign of direction and motivation both on and off the pitch. It seems that we "customers " are being simply viewed as a 'cash-cow' who can be milked for more and more cash whilst being very poorly entertained by second rate players, most of whom have been brought in as cheap replacements , and who are led by an inadequate management team. I am sure that like me, most supporters are season ticket holders who are there for the season. However, quite how many are still there next year is an issue that should concern the club.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Patronising bollox from the CEO/MD at every interaction

A Manager that openly says he won't change anything when what we're doing is quite clearly not working

At least the transport has improved, and is set to get yet better!

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
I have a complaint, why were we told not to shout and refer to Steve Evans' size in WSL.......why does Hyppia show no passion whatsoever and continue to ignore his own players ??

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You could turn it the other way. Some of the draws have been lucky ones. Yesterday Rotherham could have scored 3.we are conceding goals because we are left exposed at the back,and our defenders are scoring the goals. We have taken a step backwards in the last few games, it's not working.

:thumbsup: the luck has been on our side at times, so is not the cause of relegation form.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here