Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone else think Harley could play a major role this season?

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
He reminds me of a poor mans Beckham. Our build up play is poor and so predictable that he shouldn't be even on the bench.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Think it would just be better for him to leave and get regular football at another Championship club. He MIGHT get a role IF we sign some good players, if not then he may fit in as a benchwarmer.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
No use him to spray passes forward for he likes of Ulloa nd CMSa to get on the end of in a Beckham, Carrick manner. neither of whom win tackles

He has neither the finesse, guile, aptitude or ability to do that at anything above league one standard.

Big fish small pond fine, sprat in an ocean and he's shark food.

Craig4004

Aug 30, 2011
Peacehaven
I will never forget his penalty miss againsed Millwall. Sitting behind that goal and my heart just sank. One thing I will always do, is support the team, and especially a player who puts in a bloody good shift. I've never seen him put in a 'Good shift' however if he did, I would be all up for seeing more of him in the team if it worked out!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
A player can get away with a poor work rate if he has enough to offer in other departments. Unfortunately I don't think Harley has quite enough to offer to justify the shift he seems prepared to put in. Shame, as I think there's a good player in there somewhere.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I think that he could turn into the brain of the midfield with an enforcer alongside of him to win the balls

I think he IS the enforcer who wins the ball. He just hasn't had a chance to show it. Bridcutt is holding him back, no question about it.

I'd rather give Bridcutt a spell on the sidelines and let Harley play that role for a while, have a bit graft in there and a bit less of the genius intercepting Bridcutt seems to want to do.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Don't worry, the OP has no real clue/doesn't really think that Harley will play any part this year. How could he? We've seen nothing to suggest it might be the case so can only be suggested on 'pin the tail on the donkey' style football predictions. Read this as a place setter for him to say "I told you so" should things work out as he predicted, and sink out of memory should the prediction, as it likely will be, turn out to be a lot of nonsense.

I need to start my "Hoskins will score 25+ goals this year", "Forster-Caskey will win player of the season" and "Oscar will select himself" threads as soon as possible.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
To be fair, Harley deserves a chance to get in the first team and I do believe Oscar will give him the opportunity to prove himself. However, if he does not sing from Oscar's hymn sheet, Oscar should send him on his way quicker than a cow chucked off a bridge. I don't expect Harley to be a seagull come August if he is not up to Oscar-Standard

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Has had a lot of stick some of it very unnecessary maybe just maybe given a chance by a new manager , sorry head coach , he may have something to offer the Albion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here