Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Does anyone else miss the days when we were crap?

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I think the responses on this thread today have rather illustrated that there are an awful lot of rose-tinted spectacles going on with pining for us to be crap again. People remember the camaraderie and the honesty of it, and the feeling of euphoria when the team do pull off a big win nobody sees coming. But in reality the slog of being a shit team is awful, relentlessly turning up to watch dross (and not even dross of a semi-decent quality like it is now), week after week of lugging yourself around the place to get beat and then be stuck in roadworks / a signal failure on the trains at 23.00 on a wet January night after being humped 3-0 at Shrewsbury or similar. And all the time in terrible stadiums with bugger all facilities.

Be careful what you wish for.

I do know what you mean but lovely as it is being in the Prem, winning an average of 1 game a month is pretty tough to watch, even if we are seeing the delights of Hazard, Pogba, Kane and all the others visiting the Amex. Since January the atmosphere in certain parts of the North Stand has been pretty toxic. I tried to calm one bloke near me today who lost the plot when the second goal went in and was told to 'F off you c**t and go and support Palace'. He must have been in his early 20's so hadn't seen the real shit days back in the late 90's, but it just made me think how sad it was that people get so fractious over a dreadful result, but a result that is in the Premier League. He obviously wasn't at Hereford, or at Gillingham for 2 seasons.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I do know what you mean but lovely as it is being in the Prem, winning an average of 1 game a month is pretty tough to watch, even if we are seeing the delights of Hazard, Pogba, Kane and all the others visiting the Amex. Since January the atmosphere in certain parts of the North Stand has been pretty toxic. I tried to calm one bloke near me today who lost the plot when the second goal went in and was told to 'F off you c**t and go and support Palace'. He must have been in his early 20's so hadn't seen the real shit days back in the late 90's, but it just made me think how sad it was that people get so fractious over a dreadful result, but a result that is in the Premier League. He obviously wasn't at Hereford, or at Gillingham for 2 seasons.

My son watched punches exchanged at the back of block D, the third time this season.

I never get excited at seeing the Kane and Hazard, I want them to go away without the result they wanted, to be pissed off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here