Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Does anyone else find the official highlights unwatchable because of the commentary?

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
I really like the commentary on Albion TV. It's 100% done live as I see him walking past in the West Upper with his gear after games sometimes.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Sorry if it appears... weird. :oops:

Like many others, I've watched the Everton/Middlesbrough/Liverpool highlights countless times already...

Just find it a bit frustrating that I end up watching the Sky highlights rather than the club material, as the commentary ruins the club highlights for me...

Only a minor concern really. I'd prefer there to be no commentary at all, rather than the amateurish cringey vibe we're currently getting.
“amateurish cringey vibe”

wow. I can appreciate commentary can sometimes be a personal thing but I really do not hear this at all.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I have no issue with it at all. Quite like it actually and I'd take him over Jonathan Pearce any day

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
No problem with it though personally find it a bit redundant and would be happy with just crowd noise. But obviously not everyone watching these highlights will know who all the players are etc. so might be some purpose in keeping it.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think he is okay. 8/10 against Johnny Cantor 10/10. Not that listen very regularly to the latter but enjoy hearing the clips after the game.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Interesting point.
The ref often goes back to a player and shows a yellow card for a foul that the ref played advantage but as it's a 2nd, maybe he bottled it
Especially as we had scored.
Certainly the ref could have gone back to book Matip a second time after the goal. Absolutely nothing to stop that other than the blatantly obvious. It was Liverpool.

luge

Dec 18, 2010
No, I think the commentator is good. The crowd FX are usually too low and that does make it sound less impressive. A simple compressor on his and the crowd voice would sort all of this out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here