Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anybody STILL want Harry

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
To completely paraphrase the quote he said

"I've come to this club (QPR) and there are some players on more wages than my highest earner at Spurs. There have been some ridiculous contracts handed out here. You have my word, I will not be doing that in January."

January - QPR sign Samba on a reported £100k a week and Loic Remy after offering a contract which blew Newcastle's out of the water.

Well done 'arry.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Very ordinary manager, but he does excel at the man-management I think. Jermain Defoe for example has benefitted from Redknapp persistently showing faith in him. He also has good links across the game.

However, I honestly don't think he reads a game very well. Whereas someone like Poyet seems to make subs at the right time and attempt to change games when they are going wrong, Redknapp stands there looking glum. And he doesn't have a keen eye for a player - he only gets good players by offering them a fortune or when the move is a no-brainer for the player.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Arry himself said that had he been able to mould the team pre season their fortunes would be different.

So what. This was not the task he was given. He was brought in to fire fight and to certainly improve on what went before him and whatever measure you use he has failed.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Rather have a manager with class please, and one who knows how to get a team playing flowing liquid football. Probably have to speak Spanish too! Let's just follow Swansea's lead.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Anyone who thinks relegation is funny is not welcome here. To watch the teams and managers after the clash on Sunday you'd have thought they had made the play-offs. Laughing and joking about relegation is not on. As ever they all get to move on over summer and the fans have to suffer.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
He managed Tottenham to fourth place last season, but that included playing a youth team (quite literally) in the Europa League, and an early exit in the League Cup.

AVB's played full strength in Europa League, League Cup & FA Cup and we're still in contention for 4th place.

Redknapp was shit. And as previously stated, a lot like Liverpool FC - always the victim.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Very ordinary manager, but he does excel at the man-management I think. Jermain Defoe for example has benefitted from Redknapp persistently showing faith in him. He also has good links across the game.

Is this the same Redknapp who started Defoe on the bench for pretty much every game last season? I know he's signed him 3 (maybe more?) times, but in previous years he's had no faith in him what so ever.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Is this the same Redknapp who started Defoe on the bench for pretty much every game last season? I know he's signed him 3 (maybe more?) times, but in previous years he's had no faith in him what so ever.

He spen most of last season complaining about not having good enough strikers, despite the fact he'd signed them all and three of them he'd already managed before signing them

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I liked the bit where he somehow conned Liverpool to pay £20MILLION POUNDS for ROBBIE KEANE (it still makes me laugh) and THEN bought him BACK for about £12m and claimed he'd made £8m.

No Harry. YOU HAD made TWENTY million and you now only have EIGHT.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
He spen most of last season complaining about not having good enough strikers, despite the fact he'd signed them all and three of them he'd already managed before signing them

He was correct, but he had more to play with last season than we have this season.

Another one of his classics was sending Kyle Walker on loan to Villa, and playing Vedran Corluka, the worlds slowest player, at right back whilst Walker was working wonders at Villa.

Or needing a goal in the last 5 minutes to have a chance of coming 3rd away at Villa last season & bringing on Gallas for Parker when Defoe was on the bench.

The list continues.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think 'Arry was dealt too many devastating blows last season and it's all caught up with him.

1. The court case - he won it but it went on forever and he's not a young man.
2. The England job he wasn't even interviewed for - a humiliation.
3. Sacrificing the cups to get Spurs into the top 4 then being pipped by Chelsea in the Champions League Final.
4. Being called out by Levy.
5. Taking the wrong option by turning down the Ukraine job.

His problem is he genuinely loves football, he loves his close team of coaches and he'd be lost without the day to day involvement. He should retire and become a TV pundit - Gods know he'd be a damn sight more interesting than most of them. A show with him and Warnock together would be great TV.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
poop does not stick to harold

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I would get through TVs quite quickly from punching them so much.

It would be quality viewing. Warnock can't stop himself from airing his views, whereas 'Arry is the biggest hypocrit in football management. If ITV wanted to nail their big match panel they should get 'Arry, Warnock and Roy Keane signed up. I would watch England friendlies just for half-time!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Actually look at his record across all clubs managed, with money spent etc.

He's not a very good manager.

And he has NO class or grace whatsoever. Nothing is EVER his fault. Ever.
So many from Team Harry must be doing a lot of mumbling and foot shuffling.

In an ideal world I'd like our next manager to speak Spanish.
It would be really good if he could speak English, too.

So that's 'Arry out on both counts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here