Does anybody still have the old worries about getting promoted ?!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
If if if we go up, i honestly think people will look back at THAT Carlisle game as the game that took us up. I worry by nature and suppose i still do think we can F&ck it up, but in reality the game last Saturday should be "the one"!

No problem, we probably need 84 points to finish 2nd

If you listen to Kish's post match interview from Tuesday the players are aiming to be on 83 points by the end of March
The last eight games could be tense, as we struggle to get a draw against any one of Rochdale, Sheffield Wednesday, Dagenham & Redbridge, Walsall, Southampton, Colchester United, Huddersfield Town or Notts County.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
I wouldn't put it past us to win ALL of our remaining games in March - even if we lost one that would give us 80 points with eight games remaining. I know that's hypothetical but if we got to that point it would surely make it virtually impossible to blow promotion.

Our remaining games this month being Tranmere (h), Oldham (a), Notts County (h), Swindon (h), Dagenham (a).

GrahamH65

May 19, 2009
I was concerned that 8 games in March may take its toll on the players, but Gus has beeen rotating, giving players a rest. The teams chasing us can't afford to do that. Although some of the wins haven't been convincing, 4 out of 4 is bloody marvellous AND players are getting a chance to get a breather. Great squad, great management. Also, it's our mentatlity that impresses me. There is a collective desire to win.

I'm still not 100% convinced that we've got nailed on promotion, but the way we are producing result after result makes it difficult to see one team going past us, let alone two.

seagull_in_carolina

Mar 12, 2011
really glad we don't have another match until next Saturday away at Oldham.....7 days to rest/regroup will get the boys ready for the last 12 games

No doubts, but still not over til the fat bird trills - happy that it's been kept interesting and that we have several goals still to maintain.

Points, wins at home, margin of lead, and players to show their worth for next season;'s campaign.

I want to still see us beat someone 5-1 when we have nothing to play for. You who saw and heard McGoo's shit know what I'm talking about

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Ask me again when we've got 100 points........................Yes, we're in a wonderful position, it's our's to win, and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. But I'm still firmly in the "Not counting chickens" club!

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
No, no, no. We are not promoted yet. The co-ed of TSLR was saying we were this afternoon.
This is BHAFC. It's not there for us to win, it's there for us to lose.

Sorry!!!!! Been supporting 40 yrs. It's a disease.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Way to many people are making posts on here assuming promotion is a formality. IT IS NOT YET. And yes I do still worry - that's football for you I guess...

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Yep still a little worried..... But we are still picking up max points at the moment. We can do no more!!
We will go up though.

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
Been supporting 40 yrs.

hardest game in the world that

whitehouse2.jpg

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I knew we would get promotion when we beat MK Dons in September. At that point we had 10 points after 5 games and were seventh in the table, but it was impossible to draw any other conclusion from our style of play and the way we had beaten a good, solid League 1 team.

Football fans think too much with their hearts and not their heads. This is usually demonstrated up by fans thinking their rubbish team will be world-beaters, but when the team actually is really good, everyone is scared they will f*** it up.

The big question this season is not whether we will win promotion, or take the title, but whether we will beat our all-time points record of 92; set in 2000-2001 (or in 1971-72, if you convert to 3 points for a win)

:smokin:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports