Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anybody still have the old worries about getting promoted ?!

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
What i mean is the mentality of years watching the albion and thinking something bad is gonna happen.

I look at the table and think 'thats nice were 7 points ahead with games in hand' but what my heart is saying is 'but what if we lose those games in hand, go on a bad run and come 3rd-losing in the play off semis !'.

I dont think the above will happen but i suppose its habitual.

It only takes one of the teams below us to get a last minute draw in a game and im left staring at the league tables for the next 2 hours fretting.

Perhaps i need to :smokin:

ⓣ ⓞ ⓜ

Feb 5, 2011
Think positive, don't even think about us not getting promoted.

Last edited:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Yes, yes I do - all the time. It's part of our heritage to miss an (almost) open goal with virtually the last kick of the game.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I am trying really hard to enjoy this season as it may be the best we have for some years. Certainly the chances of us being runaway leaders don't come along too often. Still worry though which is why I've gone really bold on a big win tomorrow to try to break the habit of fearing the worst and dispel the doubts :)

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
No problem, we probably need 84 points to finish 2nd, so another 16. Can you really see us failing to win 5 games and draw another, or get 4 wins and 4 draws out of 13 games?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Not worried in the slightest. This is is the first time I've EVER felt like this, in no other promotion season have I felt so confident so early and anybody saying "we're Brighton we're bound to screw it up" is being unduly pessimistic and is also ignoring the facts. The bookies have got at us 10-1 ON to get promoted and they're rarely that badly wrong.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I'm not quite as bad as that but while my head knows promotion is all but sorted, I can't bring myself to say it's guaranteed just yet like a lot of people. If we're in a similar position at the end of March then I will really start to believe we're not going to fall apart

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
The turning point for me was the 1:1 draw with Charlton at Christmas when we had 10 men for virtually the whole match.
I thought we were good before then, but it proved to me beyond doubt that we had the mettle...

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm always convinced failure is just around the corner, that's 25 years of supporting this club for you :lol:

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
In 35 or so years of supporting Brighton I have never felt so positive for the future, not just this season but beyond that. Tony Bloom has my fears of old firmly dispelled. Gus is the icing on the cake, I felt when he came into the frame that if appointed we were going to go on a very special journey because he just oozes class, grit & determination. This is the new era & I believe that it is not just a passing phase but the beginnings of a legacy created by The Wonderful Mr Bloom.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
If you listen to Kish's post match interview from Tuesday the players are aiming to be on 83 points by the end of March and if that's not knocking on the door of promotion I don't know what is!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I'm a little worried. I think the team we have is more than capable of producing the goods for the rest of the season, but what would happen if, say, El Abd and Bennett got sent off tomorrow and Murray broke his leg?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Don't get me wrong, I have never felt so positive about the Albion's future, on and off the field, but instinct prevents me from counting any chickens. I just want to get over the line.

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
I'm a little worried. I think the team we have is more than capable of producing the goods for the rest of the season, but what would happen if, say, El Abd and Bennett got sent off tomorrow and Murray broke his leg?

Lol. I was actually gonna put that in my 1st post :lol:

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Agree with Edna. It's like you cant relax when you watch a game - unless you're 4-0 up deep into injury time.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Don't get me wrong, I have never felt so positive about the Albion's future, on and off the field, but instinct prevents me from counting any chickens. I just want to get over the line.

That is exactly how I feel edna. It is so close, but I think most are slightly worried about it going tits up. Its natural for Brighton fans.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Its Albion/football nature to worry the win/promotion might not happen until the whistle has blown. Whilst logic and the performances you have seen this year, lead you to the natural conclusion......promotion, until its done & dusted, a part of me will wait for disappointment.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I shall relax if and when we get to the last game of the season more than 3 points in the lead at the top of the table !
Can't help it - I don't like counting chickens as something can always go wrong.
All my friends and everyone who is interested in football at work are telling me that the Albion are nailed on for promotion and I have allowed myself the luxury of imagining it but I won't be certain till it happens

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
I'm always convinced failure is just around the corner, that's 25 years of supporting this club for you :lol:

So this!

Yet, after the Brentford result clinched 3 wins from "bogey" fixtures in a row, I'm unnaturally feeling quietly confident. I've been pinching myself since we went top and loving the football, but at the back of my mind I've been thinking it'll go pear shaped....a few more wins and I'll be deliriously happy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here