Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Does any genre of music “make you angry”?

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
'Gangsta Rap' I find absolutely awful. Can't listen to it at all. I genuinely despise it.

I feel about it the same way that my parents probably felt about punk - a tuneless racket with no melody, with yobs singing anti-social lyrics that appeals to the uneducated and delinquent. No musical ability, but lots of aggressive posing, macho swaggering and wearing tons of ridiculous bling.

Songs glorifying the 'hood, gangs and violence, calling women 'hoes' and 'bitches', and (years ago at least) the homophobic sentiments about beating-up 'batty boys'.

Trash music.

Last edited:

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Not quite on topic but I was surprised they played this at the Amex when Veltman scored!

Not sure how they pick the music or if it is connected to the player? Always loved it - 100% for the nostalgia nowadays.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Do you get your posh customers to change stations from Classic FM, to Jim White, Simon Jordan and Selco ads?

Ha,ha, definitely not.....I’m not a fan of Talkshite :)
I listen to Radio 6 until some of the rap music gets on my tits, then change to Absolute Radio until the ads really get on them.
Absolute Radio without the ads would probably be my perfect choice.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
That modern day shite under the 'R&B' tag.

It's not R&B, it's pony.

Yes, to me R&B is Dr Feelgood, George Thorogood and the Destroyers, etc, not a group of preening pouting airheads with a choreographed dance routine, and lots of head rolling and hip jerking, singing anodyne songs with vacuous lyrics which might as well have been written while taking a quick dump.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
When people tell me that they hate some jazz because it's discordant, I like to play them one of The Bad Plus's cover versions. Here they are doing Nirvana's Lithium:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C499ze1FQYc

If discordant and indulgent makes you angry, this comes with a health warning. I think that they're great, but am reminded of Stewart Lee's line about arguing with a local West Indian woman that he was being anti-racist by campaigning for a jazz club to not be turned into a Nandos because 'jazz is a black music' only for her to respond 'Not the kind you listen to.'

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I listen to Radio 6 until some of the rap music gets on my tits, then change to Absolute Radio until the ads really get on them.

I’ve dipped in and out of TS. Finally weaned myself off of it, but I did listen on the day Fat Frank was sacked.

I liked Absolute 80’s for a while, but there were too high a proportion of ads and Jason Manford’s show is all about him with little music. Greatest Hits is similar but with more music.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006

Radio X might appeal If you can get it in your area ?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes, to me R&B is Dr Feelgood, George Thorogood and the Destroyers, etc, not a group of preening pouting airheads with a choreographed dance routine, and lots of head rolling and hip jerking, singing anodyne songs with vacuous lyrics which might as well have been written while taking a quick dump.

It's generational, innit ........... my R&B (and yes, I agree present day 'R&B is worse than pants) goes back to the likes of Sam'n'Dave, Wilson Pickett, Geno Washington, etc.

Oh, and while we're at it, one more vote for gangsta rap is crap. If people must spout shite like that I'd rather they did it quietly amongst themselves rather than shouting it loudly over a largely uninteresting computer generated backing track.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
OK, let’s say music that makes you shout “shut the **** up” before you turn it off as quickly as possible :wink:

Some jazz makes me angry though, it’s like a bunch of musicians all playing different songs at the same time! [MENTION=1200]Harry Wilson's tackle[/MENTION] will be along soon to tell me I need to open my ears :lolol:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PKnLfNnudvQ

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Rap

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No. No music makes me angry. FFS. If I don't like it I put it on ignore.

In context, chained to a radiator, with Bent Ecky's goal yesterday on vid replay, 4K, 3D, with 'Glad All Over' on loop might make me raise an eyebrow or three ???

ps Mrs T says 'The Mars Volta and most of HWT's Russian Witch House Bullshit makes me angry'

Can't say f'

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not quite on topic but I was surprised they played this at the Amex when Veltman scored!

Not sure how they pick the music or if it is connected to the player? Always loved it - 100% for the nostalgia nowadays.

This made me post a rebuttal, Christ to your Antichrist. An absolute effing classic. Was supposed to see them live in a week or so :tantrum:

Enjoy. :thumbsup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YO_spdAYjPk

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Jazz in general but predominantly the instrumental kind and Scatting, anyone scatting should be shooby dooby doo wah shot.
Hair rock
Prog Rock
That warbling type of ballady shite (Whitney/Mariah/Celine)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Same, going through 1001 albums and a lot of the early jazz stuff is pants.

Miles Davis = angry wasps.

I’ll throw ‘Grime’ in the bin as well.

What? Miles Davis was a genius!

Rap music from that stormzy geezer and the like I absolutely hate with a passion. It’s just angry homophobic people of colour shouting obscenities into the microphone. IMHO

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Waily women.

Whitney Hurston, Maria Carey, Toni Brixton, Sia, Celine Dion.

The women who sing twice as many notes in a song , than the song actually has. It’s just vocal gymnastics.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here