Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dodgy Tenner!

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Hey all,

Bit of a random one, I got a tenner out of the cash machine the other day, and it's got lots of weird writing on it, with what looks like soldiers who have been killed in the Iraq / Afghan wars. Stuff like:

Cpl S Bolger
2508 8644
1 Paras Dead

LD L Cpl Nigel D Moffett
KIA
30 0010Z IVO

FOS Musa Gale
IED

There's also a phone number on it:
JCCC

01452 519951

Anyone have any ideas about this?! Should I hand it in, or go spend it??!!! What should I do?! (Worrying about potential terrorists here!)

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Weird! Take it to the police station and ask if they want it for investigation, swap it for a clean one of course!

auschr

Apr 19, 2009
USA
01452 519951 is the number of the JCCC, Joint Casualty and Compassionate Centre. I wouldn't think it had anything to do with terrorists.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Quick search on google tells you yes they are soldiers killed in action and the phone number is simply a phone number for the Joint Casualty and Compassionate Centre (part of the Ministry of Defence)

PCBEARDMLORD

Isn't it ?
Jan 30, 2008
Patcham
I think you should take into a Police station however it won't be replaced...Think you should also put it into a bag as likely it will be forensically examined if it is seized

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Do the right thing and send it to a charity that helps the families of members of the services killed in action.

It is literally telling you to do so.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Do the right thing and send it to a charity that helps the families of members of the services killed in action.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Could be the scribblings of somebody with PTSD. Spend it in a corner shop as it could be refused in a supermarket.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004

If a unit of currency told you to jump off a cliff would you do it?

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Donate it to some think tank that will do some survey into why the f*** we are wasting time and money in some futile conflict.

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
if you are concerned,take it to a bank,they are obliged to take it and at worst can make you wait for a replacement from the Royal Mint.You have a legal right to the money and at worst it can only be described as defaced-the Mint will replace it and burn it.
ask them to change it to 10 £1 coins and most bank staff wont even question it.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Hey all,

Bit of a random one, I got a tenner out of the cash machine the other day, and it's got lots of weird writing on it, with what looks like soldiers who have been killed in the Iraq / Afghan wars. Stuff like:

Cpl S Bolger
2508 8644
1 Paras Dead

LD L Cpl Nigel D Moffett
KIA
30 0010Z IVO

FOS Musa Gale
IED

There's also a phone number on it:
JCCC

01452 519951

Anyone have any ideas about this?! Should I hand it in, or go spend it??!!! What should I do?! (Worrying about potential terrorists here!)

It looks strongly like it has actually come from within a unit.

It lists their names, service numbers and units. 1 Paras - LD is Light Dragoons.

300010ZIVO is part of a Date/Time Group - they died on 30 May at 10 past midnight (30 0010Z) IVO is "In View Of" the Forward Operation Site in an explosion at Musa Qaleh, caused by an IED. The phone numbers are both for the Joint Casualty Centre - one is a civilian number, the other is for inside the military phone network.

I would spend it if I was you, nothing major held on that note that can't be found in the public domain now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here