Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Dodgy fire sticks going down ..

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
If you don't pay for your stream apart from a VPN which is totally legit are you OK with it? My friend's friend's dog has checked today and it is still working apparently.
Nothing to do with what I am happy with but, for the record, I watch streams through the usual places. This is not a copyright issue for me. These other streams are on ad laden sites trying to make a few quid through the spammy clickbait. I am sure these are not pillars of society but they aren't organised setups offering hundreds of channels and haven't gone to the trouble of offering support and a PO Box and taking money directly for it. That is major infrastructure and ain't a few spotty oiks in their bedroom passing on a few streams of foreign channels. If people want to fund that stuff then that is their choice. But there is no way I am paying for it as I can't imagine the money is going anywhere good.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
They don’t run forever normally you get a years worth before it needs updating. Mine runs out end of the month and I will have to reprogram it.
I’ve only had mine 4 months but the guy has contacted me now so he is going to reset it…..
But thank god the BBC have got the netball rights for the coming worlds

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Slow mo netball is worth the TV licence money on its own though I'd avoid watching the Hungary v Kazakhstan as the armpit close ups resemble a episode of Crystal Tips and Alistair.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The companies (Sky, BT, Peacock et al) lose a lot revenue, so are pretty desperate to shut down the services.
No they don't. A very small fraction of the people using the prirated services would pay for the full service if they couldn't get it via illegal channels. It's a bit like the Atari ST / Amiga days when it was easy to copy games - I did it - if I couldn't copy a game I didn't then go and buy it - I just did without. Even when it came to recording off the radio - I didn't go and buy everything recorded but if there was a single I really liked I would.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Illegal streaming services are illegal. It kind of makes sense to block the means to access those illegal services. Not sure why anybody is surprised.
I'd lay a bet that companies like Sky spend more on trying to stop illegal streaming than they would make if it didn't exist. So they'd be better off not spending any money trying to stop it, because sure as eggs are eggs, the 'hackers' will find a way to stream, and just let it go thus making more profit.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I'd lay a bet that companies like Sky spend more on trying to stop illegal streaming than they would make if it didn't exist. So they'd be better off not spending any money trying to stop it, because sure as eggs are eggs, the 'hackers' will find a way to stream, and just let it go thus making more profit.
That’s just a guess though and presumably Sky disagree.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Nothing to do with what I am happy with but, for the record, I watch streams through the usual places. This is not a copyright issue for me. These other streams are on ad laden sites trying to make a few quid through the spammy clickbait. I am sure these are not pillars of society but they aren't organised setups offering hundreds of channels and haven't gone to the trouble of offering support and a PO Box and taking money directly for it. That is major infrastructure and ain't a few spotty oiks in their bedroom passing on a few streams of foreign channels. If people want to fund that stuff then that is their choice. But there is no way I am paying for it as I can't imagine the money is going anywhere good.
My friend watches all the stuff with no click sit or otherwise, straight into the stream and it's free.

One needs to know where to look or the device to use.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
A few months ago it was reported that Amazon who produce the firesticks were writing an update for the stick that would prevent add-ons from working. The only way to avoid that was to turn off auto updating. The stick is programmable so if you researched a bit you'd find the software to do it. There are about 20 good add-ons that provide a wide spectrum of films & programes. Using a VPN for security it also allows you to avoid any potential geographical restrictions and prevents your ISP knowing what you are doing. Iceland is the most liberal with what they allow on the internet. Really it's all quite simple.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here