Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dodgy Dave

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I'm not to concerned with anyone's tax affairs because they are all at it...11,500 were in the Panama papers,including world leaders,sports and film stars.
What I did find infuriating was the Government spending £9.3m on propaganda leaflets...wasted money that could have gone to the NHS. We already knew the governments position and don't need reminding.

You can vouch for every household in the country then?

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
All this outrage and indignation being thrown the PM's way is getting pretty predictable and boring now; however, I suppose we'll have to get used to all the huffing and puffing from the lefties,because they really haven't got anything else to look forward to whilst Corbyn and co. continue to make the Labour party unelectable.
Class hatred and politics of envy have certainly made a comeback lately.

I know you are repeating a well worn narrative here but if you really think a desire for fair and equitable treatment for all persons regardless of their station is down to hatred and envy there is something deeply wrong with your soul.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I'm not to concerned with anyone's tax affairs because they are all at it...11,500 were in the Panama papers,including world leaders,sports and film stars.
What I did find infuriating was the Government spending £9.3m on propaganda leaflets...wasted money that could have gone to the NHS. We already knew the governments position and don't need reminding.

You must have been furious when the government wasted 3 billion reorganising the NHS so it cost 2billion more pa to administer.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Corbyn has eventually located his tax return for the last year – the most interesting thing is that he appears to have filed it late.

What isn’t disclosed is that in previous years Jezza made a significant amount of income from offshore sources. In the last few years he declared £5,000 in payments from Press TV, the Iranian state television channel, and another £5,000 from Al-Jazeera, the Doha-based Qatar-backed channel. Not to mention junkets to the Middle East, South America and elsewhere worth tens of thousands paid for by foreign governments. The corporate tax rate in Qatar is just 10%…

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I know you are repeating a well worn narrative here but if you really think a desire for fair and equitable treatment for all persons regardless of their station is down to hatred and envy there is something deeply wrong with your soul.

There is nothing deeply wrong with my soul at all, and for you to assume that there is, from the post I made, is quite nonsensical.
Perhaps I could claim to be deeply offended by your remark, as you know virtually nothing about the way I conduct my life and you certainly have no insight into my soul.
Huff,puff and righteous indignation from Block F.:glare:

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
Tubs, say what you like, but there is no doubt that class hatred and politics of envy DO pay a large part in today's LEFTIE 'outrage'.

So when rich politicians do things like this it's ok, but poor people objecting to those same politicians hiding money abroad -- while slashing services that people depend on to survive -- is class war? I think you've got this arse about face. If there's a class war happening, it's being waged from above.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Corbyn has eventually located his tax return for the last year – the most interesting thing is that he appears to have filed it late.

What isn’t disclosed is that in previous years Jezza made a significant amount of income from offshore sources. In the last few years he declared £5,000 in payments from Press TV, the Iranian state television channel, and another £5,000 from Al-Jazeera, the Doha-based Qatar-backed channel. Not to mention junkets to the Middle East, South America and elsewhere worth tens of thousands paid for by foreign governments. The corporate tax rate in Qatar is just 10%…

What exactly has the corporate tax rate in Qatar got to do with it?

That said, it would make sense for Corbyn to match the period of disclosure released by CMD. As for the payments from overseas, as long as he has declared them and paid the tax on them then what is the problem. You might not agree with the issues he gets involved in (I don't with most of them), but I'm not sure you can suggest any moral impropriety in them.

As an aside, interesting that John Whittingdale tale of woe has come out even though it is two years old! I wonder whether this has been leaked to divert attention away from more senior cabinet members!!!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
... As for the payments from overseas, as long as he has declared them and paid the tax on them then what is the problem. You might not agree with the issues he gets involved in (I don't with most of them), but I'm not sure you can suggest any moral impropriety in them.

are you referring to Corbyn or Cameron here? it certainly applies to both.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
So when rich politicians do things like this it's ok, but poor people objecting to those same politicians hiding money abroad -- while slashing services that people depend on to survive -- is class war? I think you've got this arse about face. If there's a class war happening, it's being waged from above.

Jimbo, of course this is a tragic story about a vulnerable man, and sadly there will always be cases like this no matter what kind of provision is in place. I do wonder whether Frances Ryan who wrote this story in the Guardian 18 months ago has given the full story, bearing in mind that I read she writes mainly on austerity, disability, feminism and social mobility.Bet there is a lot more behind this one. Wonder where his family were when he was in need? He was caring for his elderly mum and his sister started a petition to look into benefit sanctions. Hmm, perhaps she could have kept an eye on her vulnerable brother whilst he was alive. Yes, I know this Guardian writer has an agenda, but to put his death down to the fact that his benefits were sanctioned, quite frankly, is ridiculous.
The machinery of Government is in many cases hugely bureaucratic and this is definitely the case when applying for certain benefits. The moves by the Chancellor to reduce the benefits to the disabled were wrong, but in a wider discussion, I think there is certainly a case to be made to ensure that benefits do go to those in most need and periodic reviews of the system have to be made.I speak as one who is amazed at the benefits somebody close to me gets, whilst others seem to get little help at all.
Finally, as far as class war and envy is concerned, I still maintain it is alive and kicking in this country.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
All this outrage and indignation being thrown the PM's way is getting pretty predictable and boring now; however, I suppose we'll have to get used to all the huffing and puffing from the lefties,because they really haven't got anything else to look forward to whilst Corbyn and co. continue to make the Labour party unelectable.
Class hatred and politics of envy have certainly made a comeback lately.

What a stupid remark.

If you can't see the hypocrisy of Skinner being thrown out for calling Cameron "dodgy Dave" when Cameron has had to have the extent of his off-shore tax interests wringed out of him over the course of an entire week, while Cameron can see fit to criticise Corbyn's dress sense and scream other irrelevant personal abuse, then you really are a bit of an idiot.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
What a stupid remark.

If you can't see the hypocrisy of Skinner being thrown out for calling Cameron "dodgy Dave" when Cameron has had to have the extent of his off-shore tax interests wringed out of him over the course of an entire week, while Cameron can see fit to criticise Corbyn's dress sense and scream other irrelevant personal abuse, then you really are a bit of an idiot.

Wind your neck in Simster, I don't give a toss what Dennis Skinner calls Cameron. I actually thought it was quite funny.
Again, I don't really care for personal abuse from either side of the House and I wish everybody would treat each other with rather more respect and good humour.
You have missed my point entirely, I was making a general point about the amount of attention and fury that Cameron's dreadful handling of the matter has brought about, especially in the press and predictably,by the class warriors.
If I appear to you to be stupid and an idiot, don't let it worry you.
For my part, you appear to be an intelligent person who is sometimes too quick to jump to a conclusion and you also seem to have a bit of a short fuse.???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here