Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Dodgy bet

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Go on then admit it which of you had the dodgy bet with some Far Eastern bookie that game would be cancelled in 2nd half so then sneaked in to trip the lights to make sure you won

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I was at one point fairly convinced that the ref was going to abandon the game, and we'd have to replay it at some later date from 0-0 (which, of course, they would then go on and win). Its exactly the kind of freak occurrence that always seems to happen against them. Somehow, they nearly ALWAYS manage to snide a result against us. And that would have been classic.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Did anyone check where the Palace coach driver was sitting? Did he leave his seat at any time?
Was he seen near the fuse box?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I was at one point fairly convinced that the ref was going to abandon the game, and we'd have to replay it at some later date from 0-0 (which, of course, they would then go on and win). Its exactly the kind of freak occurrence that always seems to happen against them. Somehow, they nearly ALWAYS manage to snide a result against us. And that would have been classic.
That was my first thought. A nailed-on non Albion win in the replayed fixture.

Destined by hook or crook to not get that derby win.

I went to get a tea, loads headed to the NS concourse to quickly down further pints :lol: :whisky:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Random fact...I was at Selhurst Park for the 1997 Wimbledon v Arsenal game where the floodlights went off shortly after halftime.

Based on that, it's far more likely to have Palace involvement.

And they do have previous when it comes to dirty tricks...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here