Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dobbie back for 2 weeks?

rdigs24

Southampton seagull
Jan 21, 2012
Southampton
Yes he is.

It is a sneaky move to extend the loan - which can only be 93 days in total - to include the playoff semi finals.

The 2 weeks he is back includes next Sunday, and the International break.

However, I imagine there is a gentleman's agreement stopping us selecting him on St Patrick's Day.

Why would Crystal Palace even need to send him back for the 2 weeks (which is rubbish). Surely they're going up automatically aren't they?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Why would Crystal Palace even need to send him back for the 2 weeks (which is rubbish). Surely they're going up automatically aren't they?

Not rubbish at all.

They needed to send him back because he could only be loaned on a 93 day loan as he'd already been registered to 2 clubs this season.

They wanted him available for the playoff semis so there had to be a break in the middle of the loan. It was impossible, due to restrictions on when the last chunk of the loan had to start by, to do a similar dodge to enable him to play in the playoff final.

rdigs24

Southampton seagull
Jan 21, 2012
Southampton
Not rubbish at all.

They needed to send him back because he could only be loaned on a 93 day loan as he'd already been registered to 2 clubs this season.

They wanted him available for the playoff semis so there had to be a break in the middle of the loan. It was impossible, due to restrictions on when the last chunk of the loan had to start by, to do a similar dodge to enable him to play in the playoff final.

Yes but all season Palace fans on here have been adamant that they are going to win the league. So why are they bothering about making sure that Dobbie can play in the play off final, when they aren't going to be in them.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
This will not happen. I'd rather we played with ten men than have a Palace player in the side.

I'd rather we played with 10 men because he was shit in every game I saw him play.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Just been told by a palace fan that seems to think they know Holloway and claims he said this to him.. that Dobbie is coming back to us for 2 weeks as that was part of the deal if we needed him and then he's going back to Palace? Can this happen? Don't know whether to believe it, they're now worrying he will score against them.. so confused
I don't think so , it's a done deal in all but name . He will not be allowed to play you or play in the play offs .

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Has Dobbie even played for them?

Yes...regularly. I would rather trust Holloway's judgement of a player than some of the people on here who seem to have decided that Dobbie doesn't have an ounce of ability in his body.
It wasn't his ability in question, it was his attitude.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Yes but all season Palace fans on here have been adamant that they are going to win the league. So why are they bothering about making sure that Dobbie can play in the play off final, when they aren't going to be in them.

What makes me laugh about Dobbie going to Palace, is that up until the January transfer window, the Palace fans have been going on about not one player in our team was good enough to get in theirs.

Now they are paying good money for someone who could not get into ours. Palace the club that just keeps giving.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Yes...regularly. I would rather trust Holloway's judgement of a player than some of the people on here who seem to have decided that Dobbie doesn't have an ounce of ability in his body.
It wasn't his ability in question, it was his attitude.

He had six shots playing for Palace Saturday and not one on target. He has not improved. ???

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
This is happening but its got nothing to do with us having a striker shortage and I'd be surprised if he played for us. It's purely so he can be loaned again and start the 93 max loan days rule again.

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Palace have agreed to sign him for 350k in the summer. The loan is purely, as someone has already said, because he couldn't join permanently because of the 3 club rule. Due to the fact he has agreed to sign, I believe that a recall option cannot be placed in the loan contract - thus making him ineligible for a return

Howd you know all that? Sauce

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here