Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Do you worry less when Brighton are a bit rubbish?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
There are times I wish I didn’t care.
Lots of times.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd be a slightly agitated (not worried) if Brighton were a bit rubbish.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
We climbed several places on that final Saturday.

That was a lovely sunny day in every way.

That mini survival cameo, got my son hooked on the Albion.

Had a massive celebration party in the garden of the house we had literally just moved in to. Happy days.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Possibly the most I've enjoyed a season was when we won the old 4th division back in the 60's !! We were the best fish in the smallest sea that year, with Bobby Smith banging in some bullet headers in front of the north stand. Lots of goals and points. It's all relative I guess. If we stay in the PL for 3 years (hope we do!) we'll get upset if we can't get into Europa league !

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I had a dream last night that we got relegated to the Championship, I didn't care and NSC hated me. Oh well :shrug:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I really enjoyed the 90's, despite all the crap, we were absolutely rubbish a lot of the time, so bad I saw better football up the park, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

not so much now however. this is partly due to the humongous change in the clubs fortunes and the general state of the upper echelons of professional football. Also, I'm no longer a carefree yoof, I'm sure this has a lot To do with it.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I have basically convinced myself we are going down so if we stay up it will be a massive bonus. I am really looking forward to todays game

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's all relative I guess. If we stay in the PL for 3 years (hope we do!) we'll get upset if we can't get into Europa league !
I'm sure some would be like that, but not me, I'd just like sustainable football at a half decent level. Top 10 in the Championship would probably do me, but even that's tough to sustain with the money clubs spend chasing promotion. That's why I'm concerned about relegation, PL money makes it so much easier to balance the books.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'm sure some would be like that, but not me, I'd just like sustainable football at a half decent level. Top 10 in the Championship would probably do me, but even that's tough to sustain with the money clubs spend chasing promotion. That's why I'm concerned about relegation, PL money makes it so much easier to balance the books.

Agree totally.

In times past, competing at the top end of the Championship season after season, would have been both enjoyable and financially sound.

But now the club's high cost base, particularly player wages, far exceeds club income, making that financially unsustainable. The PL is the only place for the Albion because of that. PB stated as much back in August.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
We're currently 2-1 up against West Ham and I'm as worried as hell about giving it away. So, maybe you're right.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
There are times I wish I didn’t care.
Lots of times.

Then there are times when there is a no better feeling in the world like a biggly, muchy needed win and you feel........ well like we feel tonight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here