• Never bother

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Don't Drive

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Harvey

Jul 8, 2003
Over there.
Seeing that advert with the three Welsh guys in the car, led me to ask the question...do all Welsh people drive like that?

All joking aside, do you wear a seatbelt?

The one i'm referring to for those who haven't seen it is the one where the blood is all over the woindscreen, and then it rewinds and after they put their seatbelts on, only the pizza gets splatted all over the windscreen. Makes you think twice.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Only really because its the law and I don't want the fine !!

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
Never never never.........When I'm on the scooter:p :p :p :p

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I never ever wore a seatbelt until they were made compulsory (1984 wasn't it?). I, stupidly, thought it was an insult on my personal freedom to be told what to wear. Even after a friend of mind was catapulted through a window I refused to wear one.

I'm older now and a lot wiser, and if the law was repealed tomorrow I'd still wear one.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
As taxi drivers are exempt, not around town.
But if I'm on a longer journey, then yes.

Where's the option for that?:angry:

Harvey

Jul 8, 2003
Over there.
Everest said:
As taxi drivers are exempt, not around town.
But if I'm on a longer journey, then yes.

Where's the option for that?:angry:

My sincerest apologies go out to Everest, who felt isolated from the poll choices. Being exempt didn't occur to me and there are only 4 choices.

However, why on earth are taxi drivers exempt? Are they less likely to have a crash or do crashes not happen 'in town'?

Sam

Formerly "Sambo"
Jul 22, 2003
Oxfordshire
Harvey said:

However, why on earth are taxi drivers exempt? Are they less likely to have a crash or do crashes not happen 'in town'?

i think it might be so they can run and catch people trying to skip fares! i cant ever remember not wearing a seatbelt

is it true those round the waist/half seatbelts cut you in half if the crash is over 65 mph?

Last edited:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Harvey said:
It's because we (hackney drivers, not private hire drivers) are always (contrary to public opinion) getting in/out of the car, helping the little old ladies with their shopping, etc. Private hire drivers have to wear their belts when they have no passengers, whereas hackneys (proper taxis) don't have to.
It's the same as local delivery drivers (not the little old ladies bit though). But then again, how many transits do you see full of old biddies with their tartan trolleys?

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Harvey said:
My sincerest apologies go out to Everest, who felt isolated from the poll choices. Being exempt didn't occur to me and there are only 4 choices.

I used to be a taxi driver in Seaford and I was told that there were a few reasons for not having to wear a belt. One is that they are in & out all the time, another was to do with people bumping fares & the one which I took the most notice of was that for SAFETY REASONS cabbies are exept - Customers in the back seat have in the past tried to strangle drivers with their own seatbelts in an attempt to rob them.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Strangle them lol.

Are taxi drivers allowed/instructed to chase fare dodgers?

I almost got whiplash today in Brunnings car. He drives like a twat and his seatbelts don't work.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
We are allowed to do what we want to fare dodgers. If you want proof, try doing it to me.
devil-smiley-001.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here