Votes: 203 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
With a European Super League in the offing, I just wondered what the current market for this is like among Albion fans.

We are all armchair European Cup supporters, if we are supporters of the Champions League at all.

So, the question - Do you watch the Champions League? Are you actually a customer of the ESL as it stands in its current format?

No

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Certainly not. No interest, better things to watch or do.
(unless of course we were in it)

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Used to watch more when it wasn’t on BT Sport. Still watch the final and maybe one or two others in the latter stages.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
A few, but its got rather boring. Much harder to support Premier League teams now than it used to be, perhaps because we're direct league rivals, moreso because its hard to develop national fervor for a side full of non-English players, and because it used to be fun supporting the underdog but our current big sides are anything but that now.

Give me the old days, Norwich beating Bayern Munich, now that was a fantastic night of footie. Leeds run to the semi-finals, that was fun. The best was Man Utd's treble season - a team most loved to hate, but those two-legged knockout ties - the quarter finals against Inter, the semi-final against Juventus, a largely British side, they were great. Coming from 2-0 down in Turin to win the match 3-2 and go through 4-3 on aggregate, that was a proper European night rarely to be repeated. There were a few good ones the other year, Liverpool beating Barca most notably, but there are a lot of drab games now as well.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Yes, I love watching them in the local sports bar with other UK expats, many of whom support the English teams involved.

Obviously it's not the same as watching the Albion, but it's good to see English clubs progress through the rounds and hopefully win the tournaments.

And good football is good football, regardless of who's playing.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
it has no appeal to me whatsoever. If there is a particularly good storyline to go with an individual fixture then maybe I will. The group stages are tedious nonsense to avoided at all costs it may hold some interest at the knockout stage, but I really couldn't care who wins. The lack of serious competitiveness is a real problem for it in my opinion. When the moral vacuum that is PSG is the only chance of a getting a new name on the trophy I really cannot be arsed with it.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
yes I watch a lot of the knock out games/later stages. Some of the games in recent years have been the most thrilling matches i've ever seen (non albion related) The Tottenham/Man City, Ajax/Tottenham and Liverpool/Barcelona games of a couple of seasons ago were incredible.

But ESL? no thanks.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Back when it was on ITV I would watch whatever game they were showing mid week. Then after it moved to Sky I would watch the odd game at home or in the pub. Now its on BT i will only ever see it if im already out midweek in a pub where its on. As a result the final is the only game i am interested in even then unless an English team is involved its a bit meh to me.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
The billionaires aren't targetting NSC users. We're legacy fans. For every one of us, there are a MILLION in Asia, Africa etc.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Don't even watch the Albion matches on extra-terrestrial services during lockdown unless they happen to coincide with a service I happen to subscribe to for totally unconnected reasons eg BT, Amazon Prime. Can't even be arsed to watch us on dodgy feeds anymore, more trouble than it's worth for minimal return. Big Six can pootle off into the sunset forever, far as I'm concerned :wave:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
1) Should have stick to fewer teams and short format ie one group stage then knockout - maybe 2 clubs from the big leagues - not 4.
2) Europa shite should have stuck to 2 leg knockouts
3) Should have stayed on terrestrial tv.

I watch the odd game but only really when it’s semis or final.

Just goes to show what this stale money making idea is - would be so boring. Could have 6 or 7 north London derbies a year if they did stay in the league too - absolute nonsense.

The product works as it’s not the same teams playing eachother over and over ffs.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Early rounds now a farce with many team no more then Div 2 standard. Once early rounds over set up to get big teams through. Do show a little interest quarters onwards and whilst wouldnt say I dont watch I dont put myself out. On principle will not watch ESL if goes ahead but as someone there not worried about English audience just Asia

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Who has time to watch the Champions League when there are so many Premier League games spread out over the week that involve teams around us?

The only CL matches I've watched in the last year are the final and the odd 20-30 mins while the missus is online shopping before we settle down to watch something later.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here