Votes: 377 83.0%
  • No

Votes: 77 17.0%

• Total voters

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
This.

And I'd also be very happy if we never played them again. And then, still, on my deathbed at 90 plus I hope, I would still hate (pantomime type for the sensitive) them and wish them every lack of success.

They are not similar to us either, they've twice cheated their way to status in the league that they didn't deserve at the expense of clubs like ours which didn't and cut its cloth accordingly. They robbed St James Ambulance and then returned as a completely new entity only a few years ago. Oldest club, GAH!
That exactly sums up my feelings

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Ideally only if they have to beat us on the last day of a season to stay up, at Selhurst, and we come back from 4-0 down to win 5-4.

If this result could also condemn Chelsea to relegation that'd be good.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
No. I've never missed a Palace home game since I first started supporting the Albion (plus the 5 pen, 5-0 and 0-1 aways). You need to play your rivals to keep the rivalry strong imo (I don't consider it a derby just a rivalry). I enjoy the extra spice of that game and would miss it. I never even think or take any notice of Portsmouth results/position nowadays... edit. Plus Palace games in my lifetime have mostly been eventful games.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
No, I hate (really dislike) them but absolutely love playing them. If we lose, I'm miserable as shit for at least a week. Win, well, I've still got a glow from Saturday and I wasn't even there! First game I've missed against them in a fair few years, including away.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
At first it was yes, but after some consideration, I would rather they were a bottom feeder in the league giving us 6 points a season.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I am not 'torn' on this in the slightest. I hope they go down, and down again. And keep going down, until they have a local derby with Bromley.
I hope they go down, lose Selhurst Park, and have to ground share with Dulwich Hamlet.....then relocate to CP Athletics stadium for a decade before getting wound up as a result of a legacy financial scandal originating from the Simon Jordan era.

Last edited:
Reactions: cjd

kojak

Jan 17, 2022
No. I've never missed a Palace home game since I first started supporting the Albion (plus the 5 pen, 5-0 and 0-1 aways). You need to play your rivals to keep the rivalry strong imo (I don't consider it a derby just a rivalry). I enjoy the extra spice of that game and would miss it. I never even think or take any notice of Portsmouth results/position nowadays... edit. Plus Palace games in my lifetime have mostly been eventful games.
The only thing we have on Pompey is the Amex

What have we actually won?

Triton

Jul 8, 2023
I hope they survive, this Palace hatred is rather childish it is a game of football after all.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
They need taking down a league or 2. The EPL will be better off without them. Sadly they are superglued in.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I hope they survive, this Palace hatred is rather childish it is a game of football after all.
IMG_1294.jpeg

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I really want to spend a couple of seasons in a division above them.

Happy for us to play them every couple of seasons after that

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
For most of my 41 years on earth I'd have answered no, want them in the same league as us (just finishing 17th,10+ points off 16th and with three digit negative in the goad difference coloumn).
But this year feels a bit different. It's almost as if we're on a different trajectory and I'd rather not have two games that the rivalry acts as a leveller for. That's conflicted though with the prospect of wanting more batterings. Would ALMOST, ALMOST rather we beat chelsea which feels really weird!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here