Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do YOU want Oscar to be our manager next season?

Do you WANT Oscar to be our manager next season?

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I would have voted yes until yesterday, but picking Orlandi again when he has done nothing in the last three games of any note,

For his free kicks I imagine as everybody else has proved to be completely shit at them and he is capable of crossing normally? No it didn't work

zamham

May 10, 2014
You don't 'offer' to resign unless you (ie Oscar) have something lined up or at least a reasonably firm offer. I can't see him being here next season...this is now all about negotiating the exit.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I do want him to stay but only because I think stability is good for the club. But I am far from sold on whether he is the right man or whether his style of play is right for getting out of this division.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
You know this for a fact do you? You have an inside track on the fact that we don't practice free kicks enough? I think you are guessing and using your guesses to form your argument as to how Oscar has got this wrong amongst other things that you don't like.

Hardly objective is it.?

OK fine. In that case it obviously isn't down to the players at all and nasty Oscar is telling them to sky it.

I give up,

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Oscar has allegedly OFFERED to resign according to the Argus. It seems that quite a few NSC'ers have ignored that and taken it that he WANTS to resign

No doubt the facts will out soon but there is a very big difference. MAYBE he feels he has underachieved and therefore has offered his resignation?

Just a thought?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Uninspiring leadership, dull football, turgid set-pieces..

Hand on heart, if he wants out, .

Nice bit of twisting there, of course it's down to the players but your original post on this thread gave the poor free kicks as a reason Oscar should go. If anyone should be getting frustrated in this discussion with you, it's me.

OK fine. In that case it obviously isn't down to the players at all and nasty Oscar is telling them to sky it.

I give up,

and you are posting like I'm the one who's being thick or obstreperous :rolleyes:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Voted 'Not bothered'.

He did a relatively good job, given the injuries, however, the style of play is not for me. The performances have been shocking at times, the team selection towards the end of the season baffling and tactics naïve at times to say the least (Forest at home, they're down to 10 men and we go narrow?).

If he stays, then I hope he succeeds. If he goes I hope we just move on quickly and get someone, who will encourage players to get in the box when we are attacking.

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
As others have said - no because he should be a leader within the club and he can't possibly do that now it is public knowledge he tried to resign when the going got tough. I find it hard to believe he wasn't aware of transfer policy and budgets when he joined. If he does stay, as soon as anything goes wrong the doom-mongers now have even more ammunition.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
As others have said - no because he should be a leader within the club and he can't possibly do that now it is public knowledge he tried to resign when the going got tough. I find it hard to believe he wasn't aware of transfer policy and budgets when he joined. If he does stay, as soon as anything goes wrong the doom-mongers now have even more ammunition.

I don't think it was anything to do with the going getting tough. He was let down in January by the club.

Looks like Oscar has cast his vote

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Nice bit of twisting there, of course it's down to the players but your original post on this thread gave the poor free kicks as a reason Oscar should go. If anyone should be getting frustrated in this discussion with you, it's me.

and you are posting like I'm the one who's being thick or obstreperous :rolleyes:

Well you have seemingly misunderstood three of my posts on the bounce.. no wonder I'm frustrated. I've been very clear that our set pieces have been rubbish and we need to work on them. You've decided that meant I think Oscar has been telling out players to hoof it. Can you not see the difference there? It's not twisting. It's what I stated. I didn't go back and change it. You must have simply misread it. We have been rubbish at set pieces this season, and we need to work on it. I've attempted to explain that to you four times now so I think I'll leave it there.

Honestly don't think you're thick or obstreperous for what it's worth. Although we totally disagree on OG's management I look out for your posts,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here