Do YOU want Oscar to be our manager next season?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you WANT Oscar to be our manager next season?

• Total voters

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Yes ... but I do think Jones should go and he should have his own team. I've never liked both him and NJ in the technical area barking instructions and it seems to be the whole 90 min's of every game ... can't believe it's helpful

I actually kind of agree, I think it was an odd pairing, just throw in a successful young English coach with knowledge of the English game and that will add to what Oscar brings, might be a nice idea, but frankly I don't think it has worked at all.

And this is the real crisis. Not our league position, not our failure to go up. The fact that we do not play for each other, we do not play as a team, we do not trust or understand each other on the pitch. For me that all comes from a lack of good leadership.

I wonder if the problem is not Oscar, maybe the BHA manager's position, in the way that it is managed and regulated, leaves no room for a sense of leadership. If the manager is left shrugging his shoulders and is completely at the behest of the board, it probably has a demoralizing effect on everybody.

Even if the manager should answer to the board, we may have gone too far in sanitizing the managers role, to the point that any BHA manager will have trouble inspiring his players and giving and having a sense of control and leadership.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Definitely - give him full responsibility too :)

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
No way

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
what are the precedents here?
some knowledgeable people out here
how many mangers have offered to resign and kept there jobs?
it seems very unlike the world of professional football

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Would be interested to know why Bozza says "no".

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
So the players have been trained to hoof it over everybody's head? I somehow doubt it.

Please for the love of God read what I've written again. I'll have one last go.

Of course Oscar has not trained the players to hoof the ball over our players heads. Our lack danger from set pieces is down to lack of practice of free kicks/corners not bad instructions.

At no time did I say, or insinuate that Oscar has deliberately told our players to be shit at set pieces. I'm saying our shitness is probably down to the fact we don't practice them enough. I really don't see how I could have made that any clearly over all three of my posts.

Ergo I was questioning the players. Therefore I AM capable of questioning both Oscar and the players.

I'm going for a lie down.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Whether Oscar stays, or whoever we bring in to replace him I just want a manager who is committed to be OUR manager, someone who is not going to tout himself around when other managerial vacancies appear, and someone who just accepts the playing budget is what it is rather than using it as an excuse for failing come the end of the season...

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I voted 'yes'....just. I really like the man and think we need some stability and to continue with his vision. If the rumours are true regarding the budget and recruitment policy then whoever else comes in is going to have the same problems. Yes, we could get a decent British manager who knows how to get teams promoted from this league, but they're not exactly going to be knocking down our door if word is out for the second season running that we don't have the money or set-up recruitment-wise to match our ambitions. Our best hope I believe is to stick with what we've got and have Oscar here for a full pre-season and another full season to see what he can do, and see if there is anything else in the tank we squeeze out for him to help strengthen the squad.

If, on the other hand, this is more than just a negotiating tactic, and he really doesn't want to be here anymore, then it should adios amigo.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Buried in the body of the main thread by two different posters quoting two different sources. Could it be B/S? Of course it could. Has the ring of truth to me though. :shrug:

:bigwave:
It's what the player said. Whether or not he was telling the truth is unknown.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I would have voted yes until yesterday, but picking Orlandi again when he has done nothing in the last three games of any note, I think was a shocking decision and proved that he is afraid to make big decisions. Orlandi should have never have played yesterday and to a lesser extent the same goes for Buckley. I have said it many times before, we will never get out of this league playing the football we do, because when push comes to shove we just roll over to easy when the pressure is on.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Of course Oscar has not trained the players to hoof the ball over our players heads. Our lack danger from set pieces is down to lack of practice of free kicks/corners .

You know this for a fact do you? You have an inside track on the fact that we don't practice free kicks enough? I think you are guessing and using your guesses to form your argument as to how Oscar has got this wrong amongst other things that you don't like.

Hardly objective is it.?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports