Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do YOU want Oscar to be our manager next season?

Do you WANT Oscar to be our manager next season?

• Total voters

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Yes. He's still got work to do and as long as he's given the time by the fans and the funds by the board to mould HIS team.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Prior to the news that he's told the players that he might not be here next season, yes. Now, no. He cannot command respect with the Board or in the dressing room any more - he has to go, which is something I regret.

sounds a bit familiar to me

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Definite yes from me. Getting to sixth with both hands tied behind his back has been remarkable. He needs more quality in the side though and a less injured squad.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I don't think so. I don't support sacking him, but I have to admit I think he's failing and would be more than happy to have a new face. I've just never warmed to him, maybe its because I would have found it hard to support whoever took over from Gus. Will be nice to move on from that, personally.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Yes ... but I do think Jones should go and he should have his own team. I've never liked both him and NJ in the technical area barking instructions and it seems to be the whole 90 min's of every game ... can't believe it's helpful

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Whatever.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Not overly fussed, if he is to stay though he needs to be a bit more positive.

Jones & Burke need to piss off as well.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I do, because I can't see us getting anyone better and think he's done a decent job this season. Doesn't look like it's going to happen though

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Uninspiring leadership, dull football, turgid set-pieces..

Hand on heart, if he wants out, I'd be pleased to see the back of him. Someone like Malky or Zola would be much better suited.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
As long he wants to stay and is committed to the role, without a shadow of doubt yes I do

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Yes with this cavaet:

No one up top strategy
Properly rehersed set pieces (they have been shambolic this season, have scored from a set piece free kick?)
Players not to pass the ball three metres back to the player they have just received it from.
No boring across the back four boredom
A selected well drilled penalty taker
Some muscle in midfield
A confident keeper
A midfielder who looks forward and not sideways and back
Greater availability of pies in the 1901

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Uninspiring leadership, dull football, turgid set-pieces..

Hand on heart, if he wants out, I'd be pleased to see the back of him. Someone like Malky or Zola would be much better suited.

I accept the dull football argument, quite a bit the football under Gus was pretty grim at times too though

You really believe he tells the players to over hit the ball every time they take a free kick? I would suggest he picks Orlandi and Spanish Dave mainly for the free kick skills, as the rest of the squad are mostly shit at it and I find it hard to blame Oscar for that.

Whoever comes in will need to be given the chance to rebuild the squad, Oscar has not had that opportunity as far as I can see. With the number of players out of contract and the loanees going back I think it would be kinda nice to let the man who got us to 6th to have a crack at it before we take a flyer on someone else. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here