Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do You Use a Man Bag?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
No I've got a **** off big laptop rucksack that I like to wear on the tube in order that I can smack short people in the face and stick on the seat next to me on rush hour trains.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
you mean a messenger bag or satchel? or something else, because ive neve quite understood the "man bag" thing when chaps have carried the afforementioned items for decades.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I will never be parted from my man bag when on holiday.

I just can't bring myself to take it out in public when home.

I have a musette that saves me 5p for a carrier bag.
I feel like the spotty picnic bag has been surgically attached to my shoulder, this summer.

But my nice heavy duty cotton man bag hasn't seen the light of day for quite a while.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
What do you carry in it that you need such a big bag out of interest?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I said, I usually use the smaller one. I carry my wallet, phone, keys, vape etc in it.

I use the larger one when I feel I may need an extra layer, but am not sure. It's also useful for carrying small quantities of essentials that I have forgotten in my weekly shop.

:)

theboybilly

All those saying no they don't use a manbag are obviously not aware of (or care about) the cut of their gib. If you are stuffing wallets, mobile phones, cigarettes and lighters etc in your pockets you must look a right tramp. Manbags avoid all that especially good quality ones with a hand strap to complement the shoulder strap. Luddites the lot of you :D

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Leather and only on days I travel to London to the office so normally once a week - laptop and usual man stuff

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I have a rucksack for the work commute in to the city with my laptop and such in. Don't carry anywhere near enough stuff the rest of the time for a man bag to be practical.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I don't like shirts with pockets and having a wallet in my back pocket affects my back posture when driving. I need to carry a wallet, change, door keys, car keys, and a phone. I can just about manage all this in my jeans pockets but struggle for room for prescription sun glasses and a packet of tissues. So yes, I have a "man bag" when it's sunny. It's sort of a khaki colour so could be mistaken for some form of armed services attire.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have three: two leather satchels and a leather tote.

Attachments

• IMG_7804.JPG
    IMG_7804.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 208
  • IMG_7805.JPG
    IMG_7805.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 205
  • IMG_7809.JPG
    IMG_7809.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 201

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Typically my bag will contain my man purse, keys, iPod, brolly in winter, iPad. I use the tote for longer trips e.g. Albion games and I'll add my German homework to it plus food etc. All 3 have graced the AMEX and the program fits snugly inside.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I have three: two leather satchels and a leather tote.

The femininity of your man bags are inversely proportional to the masculinity of your hairy hands. You're clearly very confident of your own sexuality to be walking around with those let alone post them on here, for which I commend you. An internal shot of each bag would have been nice seeing as you had gone to so much trouble in the first place to reveal them to us. It looks like you have something in that last bag which you clearly don't want us to see. What's in the bag?

edit: I have just noticed in your following post that all three have graced the Amex. Well done to you. Even seasoned unabashed owners of a man bag will draw the line at taking their bag to a football match. Have they ever been to an away ground?
Have you ever experienced any chanting directed personally at you while carrying them from opposing or even fellow supporters? They are certainly like red rags to a bull.

Last edited:

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
I usually cycle to work these days so I use a backpack but prior to that I did use one to carry my lunch and in the summer sweat wipes and deodorant as it gets so friggin humid here.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The femininity of your man bags are inversely proportional to the masculinity of your hairy hands. You're clearly very confident of your own sexuality to be walking around with those let alone post them on here, for which I commend you. An internal shot of each bag would have been nice seeing as you had gone to so much trouble in the first place to reveal them to us. It looks like you have something in that last bag which you clearly don't want us to see. What's in the bag?

edit: I have just noticed in your following post that all three have graced the Amex. Well done to you. Even seasoned unabashed owners of a man bag will draw the line at taking their bag to a football match. Have they ever been to an away ground?
Have you ever experienced any chanting directed personally at you while carrying them from opposing or even fellow supporters? They are certainly like red rags to a bull.

Ha. The last bag is quite new and still a bit stiff...it just looks like its hiding something. The middle bag is quite old and has been to numerous away games, around 20-30 I reckon. I've never experienced any "chanting" or grief at away games either or from fellow Albion supporters.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I have a canvas Troop "manbag" to carry things in if I need to.A backpack if I'm on a walk or going on site. However, much prefer to go sans bag where possible. I usually where combat trousers or combat shorts so the big side pockets usually comfortably take day to day stuff.

I genuinely don't know what the problem with carrying a "manbag" could be. Much better than an adult pulling paperwork and documents out of a backpack or scrunched up from a pocket!??!

Last edited:

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Rucksack for going to work and jute bag for various outings, such as going to the Amex. It usually contains mp3, glasses, book/paper, bottle of water and tablet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here