Do you think we'll sign a forward in the January transfer window?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you think we'll sign a forward in the January transfer window?

• Yes

Votes: 160 66.4%
  • No

Votes: 81 33.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We'll need better in the prem and £3 million is ridiculous as he'll be here til the end of the season anyway as Bournemouth will no doubt splash out again.

£3m would ensure he is here until he becomes a squad member in The Premier and is a pittance for what is at stake. If we do not buy him I am sure another club in the running will try to buy him.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Looked at the league table again today -always like to when we win! -and the most startling thing was the goal difference chart -I knew ours was good but when seen with teams around us, it is quite amazing. It is thus tempting to say that we don't need another striker, but were one of the three to have a long-term injury, and knowing our luck, then CH would be robbed of Plan B. So to my mind we need another striker and perhaps a loanee from the PL might suffice -did not Reading do this a few years ago and it paid dividends. Yes, there are a few strikers who do well at championship level, but if we pay out, say 2 to 3 million for him, might he then just sit on the bench if we get promoted, as we then have to shell out for another, better version. A loanee, who would have to be handsomely rewarded for effectively 5 months work, may well end up cheaper and we are not saddled with a contract for another one or two years, when the chap is really not good enough for the PL.

I understand what you are saying but if we pay £3 million for a striker and they help take us up, it is an amazing signing even if they don't make it in the Premier League and we might be able to sell them anyway to be honest if it doesn't work out. Once you go up, that sort of money is nothing. I'd rather have a permanent signing as, if we don't go up, Stockdale, Bruno, Bong, Sidwell, Kayal and Stephens are all out of contract and Murray is on loan. Dunk and Knockaert might also go so we need some stability in the event of no promotion.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
People are saying that GM is too old for the Premier but could he not be used in that division in the same way that Hemed is now to come on as a new set of legs when the front man is tiring or getting no joy.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I don't think he can be recalled....

Many have said he can be during January but I am not sure. However if he could be recalled to sell him I am sure a challenging team will be after him as he has proved yet again his pedigree in this division.
Only people who have seen or been informed of what is truely in the loan contract will know.

Typically season long loans can be recalled in January - but only if there is a clause for this in the contract.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
People are saying that GM is too old for the Premier but could he not be used in that division in the same way that Hemed is now to come on as a new set of legs when the front man is tiring or getting no joy.
If Bournemouth send him out on a season long loan then you can be sure we'd do the same :)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
With Wilson being injured at AFC Bournemouth our best signing would be a bid for GM to ensure he stays

They have loads of strikers & Wilson is also completely different to Murray. Stop scaremongering BG - he's here for he season so no poon looking at our options until the end of the season and we'll see what div we're in eh..?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If Bournemouth send him out on a season long loan then you can be sure we'd do the same :)

I am not convinced - Murray would be perfectly adequate cover in the Premier League. The reason Murray was allowed here was because Bournemouth bought him to shore up their Premier league place last season when presumably they had injuries to other strikers in their squad. They've since decided that they have a full complement of comparable strikers and don't need him.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just to use an example if we got promoted we could get Leo or similar back and have GM on the bench as needed and he would either provide good cover or even on occasions push Leo to start.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
TB's body language was as good as saying YES at the FF yesterday. Think we can assume the intention is there; will be down to practcalities.
I'm sure the club had the same level of intention in the summer, as well.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If we are in this sort of position come January, I wouldn't be surprised to see a bid go in for either. I am happy that Hemed and Baldock are in the squad but we are not in a position to turn down goalscoring options.

It would be funny seeing Murray and Barnes on the pitch all this time later. Makes you wonder what might have been had Poyet not made those couple of glaring mistakes...

???

Poyet didn't sell Barnes. Poyet LOVED Barnes.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Just to use an example if we got promoted we could get Leo or similar back and have GM on the bench as needed and he would either provide good cover or even on occasions push Leo to start.

With the shortage of much in demand strikers, I'd be surprised if the club haven't, or are, considering asking Foxes if we could take Leo on loan. Yes, his salary would be high, but there are a couple we could let go of to assist with that. I'm sure Leicester must be wondering if financially they are getting any value with him, whilst not getting playing time.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
With the shortage of much in demand strikers, I'd be surprised if the club haven't, or are, considering asking Foxes if we could take Leo on loan. Yes, his salary would be high, but there are a couple we could let go of to assist with that. I'm sure Leicester must be wondering if financially they are getting any value with him, whilst not getting playing time.

Be fair... he did get to play a whole 3 minutes + stoppage time yesterday.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

What shortage of strikers?

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
What shortage of strikers?
The shortage of strikers that almost every Championship clubs supporters keep begging their clubs to sign! The shortage is that some clubs have too many and in consequence many decent strikers aren't getting games. Primarily I guess as Prem clubs have half a dozen, and usually only play two.
If there is a glut of strikers, it doesn't say much for us that despite our best efforts we haven't been able to sign one. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports