Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you think we are going to get relegated?

Do you think we are going to get relegated?

• Total voters

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
It is going to be very close, but the games against Orient and Crewe are must win games. I think if we lose to Orient we will get relegated.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Yep, if we stick with Adams we're doomed, i've seen us enough times this season to know that we are useless under thicky and have no chance of survival.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Comes down (almost) to a one game season v Orient.

Think we will stay up but beginning to feel more anxious than at any time so far this season especially as we are almost certain to lose to Millwall after which the league table will look very grim indeed

1066gull

Yes. Unless we make radical changes.

But in the worst financial period for a very long time, I doubt the board will do anything.

And I very much doubt it Falmer will be completed, I can see it stalling halfway.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I think we will survive and win the JPT. Micky Adams will then become a HERO amungst our fickle hearts as he becomes the SAVIOUR for keeping us in Division 3, and the HERO that made us win at Wembley for the first time.

Unfortunatley that will mean he will get a contract extension and the freedom of the city as well as a life times supply of gutbusters from the Market Diner

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Frankly, we are losing to teams we should be capable of beating. I think we have a better squad than a lot of the sides above us. Where's the problem ? Well, I think most of us already know. I think it may be too late to turn around now.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
We got 19 points from our first 15 games and have taken 9 points from the last 14 - that looks to me like a side going downhill fast.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Frankly, we are losing to teams we should be capable of beating. I think we have a better squad than a lot of the sides above us. Where's the problem ? Well, I think most of us already know. I think it may be too late to turn around now.

A new manager with new ideas might at least give us a fighting chance of staying up.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
A new manager with new ideas might at least give us a fighting chance of staying up.

And if that new manager starts well like Adams and then has a poor run do you then sack him, and then what about the manager after him, and the manager after him??

You can't build a football team on sand in a couple of months, whoever is in charge deserves at least 2 seasons to put their mark on the team before they can be properly judged.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

I think that if Adams was to go it should have happened at Christmas. I can't see much point in bringing somebody else in at this stage of the season. In taht case the whole staff would need to be changed and frankly I can't see that helping one iota.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
And if that new manager starts well like Adams and then has a poor run do you then sack him, and then what about the manager after him, and the manager after him??

You can't build a football team on sand in a couple of months, whoever is in charge deserves at least 2 seasons to put their mark on the team before they can be properly judged.

I really cant see a new manager doing any worse than Adams has been doing, He's had a good budget to work with and we've signed some good players but we still keep going backwards.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I have a feeling it won't be decided until the last game of the season. I reckon we might stay up by the skin of our teeth.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
I really cant see a new manager doing any worse than Adams has been doing, He's had a good budget to work with and we've signed some good players but we still keep going backwards.
You're right, we have signed some good players but we need to give them a chance to settle in and - in most cases - get match fit. Look at the facts:

Jarrett - looks better with every game but when he came here he had hardly played for months
Davies - played well against Peterboro until he faded with about 30 inutes left, but again has hardly played in months
Carole - Another quality player who's hardly played for months
Andrew - looked a bit fitter on Saturday, but again had hardly played for months
Burchall - another player who's improving but needs games

The only new player that's come in properly fit is McNulty and that really shows compared to the other 5. Add to that the fact that these 5 new players only played together for the second time on Saturday and it all means that there's a lot of getting fit and getting to know each other to do yet. It doesn't help that 3 of them won't be able to play in the JPT game either.

BUT - stick with Adams and I think this team will get much fitter and play a hell of a lot better than we've seen over the last week.

ABD - bitch and moan all you like but I don't see Adams resigning or Knight sacking him

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Don't see anything changing, and it's not as if our fixtures are a doddle.

At the moment, we don't seem to 'want it'.

We're going down.

sadly I agree with WW on this one ... unless some sort've firework bollock happens and we start playing to the best of our ability I fear the worst.. and thats a REALIST talking

I have £10 at 7-2 says we are.

I am seeing nothing that is taking me away fro the view that we aregoing down unless something radical changes pretty quickly.

To get to 50 points (Safety?) we are going to have to show "promotion form" from now on. Saturday did not look like that starting anytime soon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here