Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you think the 3 x B's know / care how the fans appear to be feeling right now ?

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I made a post the other day saying fans had the right to moan because they pay a lot of money for their tickets and expect to see a competitive team on the pitch and I stand by that but...

We also have to understand that in the last season under Gus our wage bill was close to £19m and we lost £14m as a club.

That is not sustainable, the wage bill has to be brought back down. IF, if we managed to recover £6m worth of losses last season through the redundancies we made and the sales of Bridcutt etc then we will meet ffp but we will still have lost £8m last season, Tony Bloom covers that thankfully, if he didn't we'd be looking at administration.

Next season we are only allowed to lose £5m so further cut backs have to be made, I know we have sold Ulloa and Buckley so we have a lot coming in at the moment but that wage bill has to be brought into line and of course the board know we need to rebuild the team.

So while you have the right to moan, you also have to be a little bit patient and give them time. As others have said if the team is crap come the 1st September, moan away but just remember without Bloom covering the debt, never mind what he is already out of pocket, you wouldn't be paying anything for your season ticket, not at Brighton anyway.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I'm sure they're not unaware and I can't imagine that they're just sitting giggling about it either.

The thing is, what would you expect them to do to remedy how people are feeling? If you believe that they're actively trying to bring the right players in and it's not going as planned (which is my own personal belief) then what would you prefer them to do;

- Keep on trying to sign a quality player for a not unreasonable sum

Or

- Sign someone who's available and cheap, just to placate those that want to see new faces

With the postions that they hold, and the amount of sway they'll have on the future of the club, I would hope (to an extent) that they'd be able to switch off the emotional side of things to ensure it doesn't cloud their judgement.

I am more than aware that others may feel very differently...

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
bigstock_crying_baby_12401891.jpg

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I made a post the other day saying fans had the right to moan because they pay a lot of money for their tickets and expect to see a competitive team on the pitch and I stand by that but...

We also have to understand that in the last season under Gus our wage bill was close to £19m and we lost £14m as a club.

That is not sustainable, the wage bill has to be brought back down. IF, if we managed to recover £6m worth of losses last season through the redundancies we made and the sales of Bridcutt etc then we will meet ffp but we will still have lost £8m last season, Tony Bloom covers that thankfully, if he didn't we'd be looking at administration.

Next season we are only allowed to lose £5m so further cut backs have to be made, I know we have sold Ulloa and Buckley so we have a lot coming in at the moment but that wage bill has to be brought into line and of course the board know we need to rebuild the team.

So while you have the right to moan, you also have to be a little bit patient and give them time. As others have said if the team is crap come the 1st September, moan away but just remember without Bloom covering the debt, never mind what he is already out of pocket, you wouldn't be paying anything for your season ticket, not at Brighton anyway.

Agree with you, but a 'catch 22' situation really, because if performances and the team is poor then people will vote with their feet......

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
In terms of player recruitment (and only in terms of player recruitment) they have done a poor job this calendar year and taking risks by waiting to the end of the window. In all other respects no complaints at all. Would like to have more opportunities to hear from them directly, especially Mr Burke, whose silence doesnt help the image of him growing amongst the fanbase. Otherwise i think they are doing a fantastic job.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Agree with you, but a 'catch 22' situation really, because if performances and the team is poor then people will vote with their feet......

It is a bit catch 22, but I think its the right way, the players we are after that we know about such as Steven Ward, Jamie Ward and Adam Clayton who we missed out on are the right calibre of players to be looking at, convincing the likes of Jamie Ward that his future is at Brighton rather than Derby is a whole other matter, he's already at a very good club with probably a better chance of promotion than us and will probably be on compatible wages, no he's not in their first choice 11 at the moment but if he is confident in his own ability he will believe he will be before long, so what can we offer him that he hasn't already got?

Another name was Baldock, by all accounts he's very happy in Bristol but we can offer him a better chance of getting back to the top. Does he want that? I hope so because if not he's not right for us anyway

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here