Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Do you think Roberto De Zerbi wants to be here?

Do you think Roberto De Zerbi wants to be at Brighton?

• Total voters

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
I think Roberto De Zerbi doesn't want to be at Brighton, I don't feel connected with him anymore. What do you think?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
There are four RDZ threads at the top now. Best just combine them into one

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Currently on the A31?

Probably not.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Watching him on the touchline today he did not look like he wanted out. He was frustrated, raging and generally very unhappy. I don’t think he is looking for a way out but I am no longer convinced that he is the best manager for the club. His intransigence in how we play is not good given our injuries and recent form. Back to basics is the accepted way for a team in poor form, make sure you don’t lose before you try and win. We got ripped apart on Thursday and today with totally the wrong tactics given our form. Bournemouth could quite easily have bettered their 5-0 against us.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Think Bloom and Barber need to call him in tomorrow morning and ask him exactly the same question. Then THEY need to decide if THEY want him here irrespective of his answer!
Be nice if they did but I think they’re not that type, we’re all very nice about everything after all. Probably wait until the summer.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Think Bloom and Barber need to call him in tomorrow morning and ask him exactly the same question. Then THEY need to decide if THEY want him here irrespective of his answer!
I agree. PB is too wet but TB as a fan, will be hurting by what he's seeing. Thankfully, he sees the long game and makes decisions and not me but I'd like to think that RDZ knows this isn't good enough. I'm so fed up with his bollocks now.

Yes I think he’s got more stomach for the fight than those calling for his head

• Haha
Reactions: cjd

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003

Sounds like he’s hanging the players out to dry here, from Naylor (Athletic)

Brighton have lost motivation - De Zerbi​

Brighton & Hove Albion head coach Roberto De Zerbi says his players have lost motivation since going out of the Europa League and seeing another chance of qualifying for Europe via a high league finish disappear.

A 4-1 defeat on aggregate against Roma in the last 16 of the Europa League in March has been followed by a run of four league defeats and two draws including today's 3-0 loss at Bournemouth.

De Zerbi, asked if a tough situation was due to injuries or other factors as well, said: "Injuries, for sure. Motivation as well.

"Motivation in football, I think (that is) 80 per cent of my work and in my time we kept a big challenge, a big target. In this moment, finishing the Europa League, too many points from the Europe position in the table, we are working for not a clear target.

"It can happen. It's normal, but I cannot accept a game without soul, because we are Brighton and we have to keep respect for ourselves, for our club, for our fans, and I am sorry for that.

"I am suffering a lot, but I have worked in football for 30 years and I know it can happen. We have to stop this moment quickly."

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Nope, he’s lost his passion for it, head turned by talk of a big club, hopefully he’ll call TB tomorrow and let him know he’s off at the end of the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here