Votes: 120 62.2%
  • No :(

Votes: 73 37.8%

• Total voters

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Agree about Ince, why i think we could probably afford to let him go - especially if Agustien gets fit again and improves.

Dont see him as the most important player at the club though, that SHIRLEY is Ulloa !?!?
Ince isn't there yet.

Ulloa is only important if the players that can, get the ball to him.
Doing that is so much easier if they're not constantly looking over their shoulder.

Attacking Greer & Upson will be a whole lot harder with Bridcutt standing in front of them.

I realise that makes him sound like the messiah, and although that's overstating it, Bridcutt makes everybody else look better.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Ince isn't there yet.

Doing that is so much easier if they're not constantly looking over their shoulder.

Attacking Greer & Upson will be a whole lot harder with Bridcutt standing in front of them.

I realise that makes him sound like the messiah, and although that's overstating it, Bridcutt makes everybody else look better.

This. Glad I looked at your post before I started typing exactly the same thing.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Ince isn't there yet.

Which is why Orlandi is also more important, we badly miss the link-up play.

Ince isnt far off and is still under estimated, unlike Bridcutt who is starting to get a bit overrated by Brighton fans, whilst being still underrated by other football fans.

Defence does need to be stronger though, that could however easily be done with the money for Bridcutt.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I agree that Bridcutt's presence gives the attacking midfielders more options. People who think it would be best selling him and using the money for another attacking midfielder are under-estimating his contribution to the team.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Which is why Orlandi is also more important, we badly miss the link-up play.

Ince isnt far off and is still under estimated, unlike Bridcutt who is starting to get a bit overrated by Brighton fans, whilst being still underrated by other football fans.

Defence does need to be stronger though, that could however easily be done with the money for Bridcutt.
You're beginning to not make sense.

Ince isn't far off, so he's not ready yet.
The player of the season for the last 2 years is overrated.

Our tight defence needs to be stronger.
Sell our main asset to buy another player to do the same job.

Can we just keep Bridcutt?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The best analogy I could give for Bridcutt would be if you were watching a very good children's Sunday League team. They have a kid who plays up front and is big, fast and strong for his age. They have a kid who is smaller than the rest but runs non stop. They win 5-0 with the big lad up front getting all 5. The Dads, as one, mob the big kid and tell him well played. The coach notes that his little midfielder started four of the moves as well as breaking up most of the opponents dangerous moves and quietly puts the little kid's name first on next week's team sheet.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
You're beginning to not make sense.

Ince isn't far off, so he's not ready yet.
The player of the season for the last 2 years is overrated.

Our tight defence needs to be stronger.
Sell our main asset to buy another player to do the same job.

Can we just keep Bridcutt?

Not 100% ready - no. But we arent selling Bridcutt tomorrow, it might be in 2 months time. Wasnt overrated then - but is overrated now, a bit anyway.

You said that attacking our defence with Bridcutt there is a lot harder, so remove Bridcutt then get a stronger defender - simple.

He isnt our main asset, that is Ulloa - though he is one of them. Providing its a good offer, then accept it, then invest in the squad and spend under what you recieve for Bridcutt - then the club keeps the profit - Barber would be delighted.

It would be simpler if he stayed i admit, does Mr Poyet need him ?

I would be astonished if Liam is here after the end of the transfer window, the boy has got enough talent to play for a half decent Premier club and maybe more.

It's a NO from me.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
He'll be here.

We'd want a high figure. Can't see prem team putting it up.

He's been injured. His performances for the first month or so won't get him in the shop window in time.

He's a great player, but it's amazing how we are all recalling his performances through rose tinted spectacles. It's like he's Jesus in boots.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I think he will go in the summer. I can't see him going to Sunderland in January as

1) Gus is not responsible for transfer targets
2) I can't see Sunderland paying the amount we would ask
3) to get out of trouble I can't see Sunderland taking a gamble on unproven premier league players

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
If he's playing he'll be gone. POTS twice in a row and the best defensive holding mid in the Champs. Gus would probably build Sunderland's style around Bridcutt. He is an International player too (albeit with the jocks).

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
No. I think he'll be gone.

Hopefully Palace will only still have 3 points by Jan 1st, so he'll have no desire to go there, but there will be other interest.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Maybe Ellis Short is already negotiating a fee with Bozza as we speak.
Then Bozza will let Tony Bloom now if Liam Bridcutt is going or not.

Personally i think he will be off in January.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that it would take a very high bid for TB to sell him and probably above what Gus or anybody else would be willing to pay. A fit back to form Bridcutt would allow Andrews to get forward more as he has done for most of his career.

Jimmy Grimble

People doing a similar thing as when one of players leaves for another team "we wont miss him" "good player but replaceable" etc etc.

Simply not true.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I suspect Bridcutt will go at the end of the season. Everyone has their price and if a realistic offer came along I'm sure it would have to be seriously considered.

However I'm not sure he will be quite such a popular target in this transfer window given his lengthy lay off, is yet to play a competitive game, let alone demonstrate match fitness and recapture his best form. It would be a bit of a punt even for a desperate club (eg Sunderland) when they have so much at stake to place so much dependence on someone with a fitness question mark?

I know we all want Liam back in the team ASAP and hope for no recurrence of his injuries but even if he returns within the next couple of weeks I suspect it could be another 6 games so around Xmas / January before he is fully fit and approaching form, which I feel means we have a good chance of keeping him until at least the end of this season. We might get a better fee at that time.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Liam wants to play in the prem. Liam will play in the prem. The fee will be the best price that the club can negotiate not what the club would demand. Players hold all the cards these days and if he gets offered the right deal for him then he'll be gone.
Players do not show loyalty and nor should they.
We have this debate every time a good player is rumoured to be on the move and invariably the move goes ahead, and usually for less money than us fans believe we should have got for the player.
Whether this move happens in January or not will come down to financial negotiations, not whether Liam is playing with good form or not.
Sorry if that offends some of you but that's how transfers work these days.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
TB has already said he does not intend to do much business in January. Players are all still under contract in January (unlike the summer) so fees demanded are much higher and clubs are reluctant to pay big money (except the rich ones or those breaking the FFP rules)!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here