Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you think 'ISIL' are scared?

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
Surely the 5 Arabic countries are quite capable in fighting the IS , they have by far superior arms than the IS . I just can't see why the US has to get involved ? are they trying to get back into the good books with the likes of Saudi Arabia who were just about going down the anti US route . Will the 5 countries in return give the US special business deals ? Is the oil a factor ?

I guess it would be , I do not trust the Yanks one bit ! There are internal wars going on everywhere including Africa which seems not so important . Did the war crimes ever go to court for what Israel did according to the UN ? or has the US had a word ?

I have never or will never trust the US government ! Cue the NSA :(

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
It feels like both sides have got what they wanted. This was always the inevitable consequence of their actions.

ISIL have been goading the US with horrific acts, to provoke the desired reaction.
The US, as ever, feel they have to kill many more people in a technologically superior and "clean" fashion, until they crown themselves victorious.
Less barbaric, but it's still about killing people in the end.

Inevitably some innocent civilians will die as a result.
Another generation of young men and women will watch western bombs "cleanly" killing their loved ones.
Some of them will become the next batch of fanatics to start the whole sorry process again.

Seen this game play out too many times before. I wish we could find a different and better solution.
I don't have any better answers than what the US are doing, but it doesn't actually change anything does it?

Nothing will be improved by any of this.
it's all very sad and depressing.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
It feels like both sides have got what they wanted. This was always the inevitable consequence of their actions.

ISIL have been goading the US with horrific acts, to provoke the desired reaction.
The US, as ever, feel they have to kill many more people in a technologically superior and "clean" fashion, until they crown themselves victorious.
Less barbaric, but it's still about killing people in the end.

Inevitably some innocent civilians will die as a result.
Another generation of young men and women will watch western bombs "cleanly" killing their loved ones.
Some of them will become the next batch of fanatics to start the whole sorry process again.

Seen this game play out too many times before. I wish we could find a different and better solution.
I don't have any better answers than what the US are doing, but it doesn't actually change anything does it?

Nothing will be improved by any of this.
it's all very sad and depressing.

I agree, but the options are....?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Surely the 5 Arabic countries are quite capable in fighting the IS , they have by far superior arms than the IS . I just can't see why the US has to get involved ? are they trying to get back into the good books with the likes of Saudi Arabia who were just about going down the anti US route . Will the 5 countries in return give the US special business deals ? Is the oil a factor ?

I guess it would be , I do not trust the Yanks one bit ! There are internal wars going on everywhere including Africa which seems not so important . Did the war crimes ever go to court for what Israel did according to the UN ? or has the US had a word ?

I have never or will never trust the US government ! Cue the NSA :(
It does seem very strange that its always the fossil fuel rich countries that the Americans invade or would attempt too i,e Middle East and ukrain/russia although they wouldn't have the balls to take on Russia...so why not north korea and africa which has had or has issues of humanity and various other things...People are getting slaughtered in africa in tribal warfare and muslim extremists every day.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I agree, but the options are....?

I have no idea. There are far cleverer people than me advising the politicians on their possible course of action.
Why these clever individuals resort to a tactic that plainly doesn't work is beyond me.

I fear it is possible that the advice is "Well you'll have to do something violent otherwise people will think you are weak!"

Can Obama really say to his allies and the American people...
"These guys are just nuts. Anything we do just makes things worse. So we're going to leave them to it. We'll spend the bomb money on improving the things we can change."

Probably not. It would be interesting to see if that response would make things any worse.

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
It does seem very strange that its always the fossil fuel rich countries that the Americans invade or would attempt too i,e Middle East and ukrain/russia although they wouldn't have the balls to take on Russia...so why not north korea and africa which has had or has issues of humanity and various other things...People are getting slaughtered in africa in tribal warfare and muslim extremists every day.

The US are just about getting involved in Africa , and why ? because of the rich land pickings available and because the Chinese have been there for a long time and are expanding their markets there and now the continent is one of the largest up and coming business markets .

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.

Err, I think the yanks have tried to fight Korean Communism before - they lost..............

Same for Vietnam.

The options are as follows :

a) Do something.
b) Do nothing.

The problem with the notion that the Arab Countries can fight IS will be that they're not up to it. IS have executed captured Iraquii POW's, it's not like they abide by the Geneva Convention or anything else. The response of the Iraq Army wasn't so much a measured retreat as a full-on rout. Not the kind of force Richard III, the Duke of Wellington or Field Marshall Montgomery would have wanted in their army.

I'm afraid this is going to be a conflict of medevial style brutality, fought with modern weapons.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
The US are just about getting involved in Africa , and why ? because of the rich land pickings available and because the Chinese have been there for a long time and are expanding their markets there and now the continent is one of the largest up and coming business markets .

Very cynical, was the US attack ( which included Pakistan and Malaysian ground forces fighting alongside the US ) on Mogadishu in 1993 ( Black Hawk Down ) because of a threat to US interests or an attempt to aid UN peacekeepers?

swervy_123

Dec 2, 2009
brighton

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Just seen this on the news, mothers proud of him f-----ke ,it seems from the footage on TV she runs that so called charity shop in lewes road that used to be speedway motors I

His mother seemed to be hoping that Allah would 'forgive' her son, so I dont think your assumption is correct..... having said that, all mothers are proud of their sons regardless of what their actions are.
Why is her work place a 'so called' charity shop?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Why did the US lead the NATO action against Serbia's bullying invasion of Kosovo in 1999 - oil?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I don't know if they are scared or not.

Why can't people just help each other, the world would be a much nicer place.

Lovely thought! Sadly totally unreal. 1967 and all that didn't work either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here