Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you think Brighton fans are being mugged for their money?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
When compared to the rest of English football? Nope. Is English football a rip-off? Yes.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I do think the whole English game has become a crazy tail chasing game. Clubs are totally over-stretching themselves and/or totally squeezing the fans to pay even more money to even more average footballers and ultimately what for? The national team is utter pants, the best players do not seem to come to England and German and Spanish team have dominated european and world trophies for the past few years. What is the point?

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I don't feel that I'm being "mugged" by the club. I exercise my right to not pay the inflated prices for an (at best) variable product AND have to contend with generally crap service to get it! There are many alternatives.

I appreciate that with an apparently increasing number of fans not paying concourse prices it is reducing the club's income, but then that is down to them as vendor. They have decided the price, the product and the idiots that will serve it to me. I have decided that I do not wish to buy.

The problems really start when this is mirrored on the pitch. No business is sustainable in the long term if it is selling a crap product for top dollar. And sadly it appears we are now heading down that road.

I'm happy to watch competitive Championship football forever. But I'm not prepared to pay PL prices to do so.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
I gave up my ST this season for financial reasons, but I don't think I would pay over £30 for 1 game.

I think I will wait until they offer a reduced price multi-game package nearer Christmas.

I think some people are being a bit hard-nosed when they say, "you don't have to pay inflated prices for tickets." Unfortunately, if the Albion are your team, you do (unless you do the package deal).

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
No one is being mugged or milked. You yourself have the ability to choose what you want and dont want to pay for. IE the club arent making you buy a shirt, or making you buy a programme or the awful tasting pulled pork baps.

Being mugged and choosing to pay are totally different things. Value for money on the other hand.....

pal4life

Sep 6, 2008
There does seem to be a split desicion. I feel that I am consistently fleeced by the extortionate prices charged in the concourse this season ( mugged, no as it is my choice)
Disappointed at the lack of team, would I cancel my ST ? No chance!

Hometownglory

Jan 12, 2014
£30 and higher for second tier football is unacceptable for match by match attendees who can't for whatever reason have a season ticket.

I agree that in some cases and matches we're definitely higher end and it's pricey. However out of our next 5 home games there are three matches rated at a 'Category C' where there are tickets available at £25 for adults and £10 for under 18's.

If you're a Leeds fan tonight and fancy watching Brighton, it would set you back £39 to sit in the central areas or £31 to sit behind the goal......#Justsaying

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I don't pay, I'm not forced to pay, certain posters in here take grave offense to this mind, but it is still my prerogative to not pay unreasonable prices.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I think all football fans are being mugged to be honest. As it is, I see the Albion as reasonable value if I'm going to compare it to anything else in our league, but it's all too expensive on a whole.

That said, music gigs are another thing where pricing is just out of control. 2 people can't go to a top billing gig now and have any change from ton.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Football generally is too expensive but no one is forced to pay, if you don't like it vote with your wallet and don't pay it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hull v Stoke this weekend in the Premiership is £16 per adult ticket ANYWHERE in the stadium, with concessions priced at £5-£10. I know it's not a glory fixture as such, but then neither, for my money was Sheffield Wednesday, for which our cheapest ticket was £30.
Hmmm but that doesn't quite tell the whole story, does it:-

Category A
Adults: £50
Seniors (65+)/16-22 Year-Olds: £30
Juniors (11-15): £20
Juniors (10 and under): £12

Category B
Adults: £35
Seniors (65+)/16-22 Year-Olds: £25
Juniors (11-15): £12
Juniors (10 and under): £8

Category C
Adults: £16
Seniors (65+)/16-22 Year-Olds: £10
Juniors (11-15): £8
Juniors (10 and under): £5
Read more at http://www.hullcitytigers.com/tickets/match_prices/index.aspx#B5Ku4tvDylzWWyhY.99

If I can be bothered I might keep an eye on there attendance difference between A & C.

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
To be fair we paid lots for withdean which had no roof ect ect complain complain complain , now we have a fantastic ground ect ect and people still complain !!!! , shall we go back to Gillingham where it was ok to complain , we have never had it this good .jeeeeeeeeeeez!

aliakbanrafsanjali

Dec 29, 2012
Not mugged for my ST it includes transport either P&R or the train from Shoreham. But I don't buy much from the kiosks maybe a beer or a coffee on occasions the odd pie on an evening game for little Ali, I have saved on average nearly 15 quid a game since the Newport match, which has helped with the increase to little Ali's ST increase!
These are all my choices and I am not being mugged at all, the match day experience is still so special and exciting!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here