Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you spend as much on catering at the Amex as you would like?

Do you spend as much at the Amex as you would like to?

• Yes - I get what I want when I want it

Votes: 40 20.9%
  • No - I could spend more but the catering set-up doesn't allow me to

Votes: 151 79.1%

• Total voters

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
The quality and speed of service was terrible yesterday in the WSU. I was speechless at the ineptitude of the servers, they couldn't have had any training, had no peak time serving strategy, distinct lack of product knowledge and had no sense of urgency.

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
I see this grip quite often, but look at the job - 5 or 6 hours, 23 random times a year, mainly Saturday afternoons but some Tuesday evenings as well. Might be needed for extra days depending on cup draws/play offs.

It's hardly going to attract anyone else but students/ casual workers. I suspect the turnover is high and the level of staff not turning up high as well, investing in training is just not worth it.

It would be a nightmare to manage this part of the business and I would think that is the main reason it's been outsourced.

I had the best/worst guy ever yesterday. I wanted one pint of Harveys at £4.20. I made the mistake of giving the guy a £20 note and a 20p coin which confused him no end. After messing about with the till for a bit he ended up asking me how much change he owed me *and* managed to ring the pint into the till at £2000. The worst thing was though is that I ended up with a pint of London Pride but by that point I'd given up.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I went down at the end of the first half. Hoping to get a pint. Once again back of the queue. I wont bother im future. As said before cant get a pint unless one of a group heads down before half time.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Maybe stick an extra quid on a pint at half-time with all proceeds going to FFP?

corrected for you

The quality and speed of service was terrible yesterday in the WSU. I was speechless at the ineptitude of the servers, they couldn't have had any training, had no peak time serving strategy, distinct lack of product knowledge and had no sense of urgency.

Were short staffed too. Normally two people in pie and pint shack by entrance to G Block. Yesterday, one clueless and flustered server who didn't even know how to work the till, bless her. I said I never queue after 2.15. Well yesterday we got to WSU concourse at about 2 and I started queuing for second pint at 2.14. Got served at 2.25, initially with the wrong change. I thought the bloke behind me was going to have a coronary. Sodexo just waiting to replace clueless, unreliable agency staff with clueless, desperate students.

wadhurstseagull

Jul 26, 2003
Having endured the catering set up at the Amex since the start and purchasing a pie and pint(s) on match days I have decided not to bother this season. Too much waiting in line, too often getting to the front of the line to find out 'they've all gone' - too many wrong pies in the wrong boxes. I have to say so far it has worked a treat. I haven't had to stand in a queue once this season. I haven't eaten something I didn't order and I haven't had to experience inane conversations about what a 'pint and a half of Harvey's' is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here