Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Do you remember when....???

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The 90s were a great time to be alive (if we ignore the Albion travails). Decent government, things worked, houses were affordable, members of the EU, and the music was absolutely top drawer. Even the shit, bland music was less shit and bland than it is now and was before.

And that last sentence is the best thing I can say about Simply Red.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
The best thing they ever did was to sample Give It Up by the Goodmen. Thankfully it's still possible to enjoy that track without an overlay of BLAND.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Euro 96 had many highlights and the below Simply Red show at Old Trafford was certainly one of them, a great British band at the peak of their powers.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I do remember Spitting Image doing a skit with Mick, Lisa Stansfield and the big fellow out of The Commitments singing a song called, “We Just Wanna Be Black”

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
“he’s used to be okay then he turned into a complete Ginger ****”

Mark E Smith called it right.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
With Level 42 the really brilliant musicianship is even more evident on their early less commercial stuff. They still tour with Mark and Mike and have had the pleasure of seeing them quite a few times over the last couple of years.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Goldie. Timeless

A great era!
Christ. Crodo must be sitting in his lair, flabbergasted at what medium sized fish he's netted :ohmy: :LOL:

Iritari

Apr 2, 2024
Fairground was such a massive hit. I remember hearing it non-stop on the radio. They really dominated the scene.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here