Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

do you regard the new manager as a step up or down from the previous one..?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Just a reminder. Poyet had ZERO managerial experience when he joined us. OGJ has a year's worth. Just saying.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Just a reminder. Poyet had ZERO managerial experience when he joined us. OGJ has a year's worth. Just saying.

whats the relevance? We're replacing a manager with three years experience with one with one years experience. Gus clearly learnt on the job, and so will Oscar. My gut feeling is he will do well, but clearly he's less experienced and so expecting instant success would be naive.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Poyet had 3 stints as an assistant manager which would count as experience although he hadn't been in charge before.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
For me Poyet is on paper the much better bet. However, that ship has sailed and this guy offers the potential for continuity in style and connections in Spain. His managerial career is in it's infancy and although he did well in Israel, that doesn't for me compare with Poyet's tenure with us.

He could be the real deal and what he did at Tel Aviv certainly holds out the hope that he could be an upgrade. Time will tell...

Presuming this is going to happen, Tony Bloom is a gambler, but he is a very good gambler. And you can presumable minimise the risks with gambling (I don't partake myself particularly) by having a professional approach. I am sure he will have a very, very good idea of what they are taking on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here