Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you really care about season ticket discount on refreshments?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Mr barber seems to think its pretty important,personally i just want better service and some decent options at reasonable cost.
The prating around with the card reader seems just to add time to a painfully slow process :facepalm:
Are you guys bothered? Also who gives us the discount Brighton the caterers or both???
Just stick it in the team pot please:thumbsup:

Not bothered at all. I don't buy anything apart from the right to sit in my seat. Overpriced retail options don't appeal to me.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Any money off/money back is a bonus. Last season £4 a pint in brighton or £3.50 @ ground (with the 10% cashback), I reckon I saved £30 on booze and probably another tenner on food. Not a world changing amount but it saves me enough for an extra away game a season. The new staggered system is s good idea imo - those who want to save money are incentivised to do so, those who don't care and want a pint at half time when it's busiest pay full whack. Makes good business sense and doesn't put people's noses out of joint. The only thing they've misjudged imo is the post-match scale; 5% after full time doesn't encourage people to stay. Should be 10% or 15% immediately after FT to encourage the post match pint and stagger the queueing.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Any money off/money back is a bonus. Last season £4 a pint in brighton or £3.50 @ ground (with the 10% cashback), I reckon I saved £30 on booze and probably another tenner on food. Not a world changing amount but it saves me enough for an extra away game a season. The new staggered system is s good idea imo - those who want to save money are incentivised to do so, those who don't care and want a pint at half time when it's busiest pay full whack. Makes good business sense and doesn't put people's noses out of joint. The only thing they've misjudged imo is the post-match scale; 5% after full time doesn't encourage people to stay. Should be 10% or 15% immediately after FT to encourage the post match pint and stagger the queueing.

Totally agree with this. I stay behind without the discount, but I cant see why prices wouldnt be lowered straight after the match has finished.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
The prating around with the card reader seems just to add time to a painfully slow process :facepalm:

It doesn't really slow anything down, infact I'd argue it's quicker than paying by cash or debit/credit card. No need for the person serving to count how much money they've just been given or count out change and no entering of a pin and waiting for approval.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
It's quicker than cash, how can it slow things down?

It is slower than cash in the Overprice Lounge. The staff seem to really struggle with the system, give them cash and at least you have a chance that they'll accidently give you too much change, give them your card and they have to call for a supervisor.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Well is it? lets put 10% on food then give it back and slow the whole blooming process up while we are doing it:shrug:

Is about the gist of it.
Queue for an hour and watch your discount erode before your very eyes.
I was amazed how expensive everything was on Tuesday. Like others, if I am desperate for something to eat I will pay cash, but I usually eat before or after.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Firstly, using the e-card is not slower than cash and is certainly quicker than debit/credit card. I actually don't understand why more people don't use the e-card, it saves time and you get a discount. You even have the e-card on you at every game!
Secondly, for people like me with 3 kids as STH's, it is a big discount when buying 3 x pepsi/hot dog and a beer/pie.
Thirdly, your season ticket is only dearer if you live within walking/cycling distance of the Amex or travel by car, I presume you do as your moaning about it. I get the train and I am saving money and I am sure many others are as well. They do have to be very careful here though because if it goes up again next season, there will be no saving. I am sure this is where they want to go so that they can then stop it altogether as so many people will be complaining. I thought that the whole point of the subsidy was to encourage sustainable travel.. :shrug:

This. The discount is a welcome bonus, I do not understand why STH's use cash or debit cards, you pay more and take more time.

They can, of course, always repeat the post-match discounts they were previously offering. Stuff like a quid of the price of pie, for everyone. Or free beer if Ashley Barnes scores a hat-trick. Whatever they fancy on the day. The card discount pales into insignificance with that sort of deal.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
It is slower than cash in the Overprice Lounge. The staff seem to really struggle with the system, give them cash and at least you have a chance that they'll accidently give you too much change, give them your card and they have to call for a supervisor.

I don't give my card to anyone in WSU, I just put it on the reader by the till and the money gets taken off... it takes seconds.

They can, of course, always repeat the post-match discounts they were previously offering. Stuff like a quid of the price of pie, for everyone. Or free beer if Ashley Barnes scores a hat-trick. Whatever they fancy on the day. The card discount pales into insignificance with that sort of deal.
Well said lord B:thumbsup:
POST MATCH SHOULD BE HAPPY HOUR/BOGOFF/DISCOUNT DAVES DYNAMIC DEALS ETC.................
Could sell off all unsold and ease transport isssues at the same time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here