Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Do you prefer watching the cricket on the telly, or listening on the radio?

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Just been driving from a rafting day with a couple of gold medal winners in Waltham to Bristol enjoying the radio coverage. Now home watching on telly...best of both worlds. Tense finish.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Times are changing, used to enjoy the BBC's telly coverage but never had Sky so switched to TMS. However, TMS is not as good as it used to be, I really struggle with Daniel Norcross and Charlie Dagnall, both seem to think they are more important than the game. There was even some woman squealing on TMS the other day, terrible commentary.

Even the latest stats man for the one day series against Pakistan has become an irritant now by trying to convolute stats that really are unimportant and needless. Top this off with Aggers having a recent Twitter spat with some one and calling him a c nut !

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Don't have sky so only ever listen on the radio. TMS whilst gardening, cooking a roast or skiving off work, is one of the great pleasures in life.

Though if there's a crucial session coming up in the ashes, i'll probably hop on my bike down to the local to catch it there.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Torn today in the WC v S. Africa.

Just finished work, and listening in the garden on the radio.

But I really want to watch the rest on the telly inside......

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Test matches radio, limited overs television.

Gonna say this. Shorter game is more visceral and therefore more important to see the play. The long form really suits the meandering commentary on TMS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here