Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Do you plan to go to the Palace match given the likely travel chaos?

Are you still going?

• Yes, I’ll get there somehow

Votes: 148 77.1%
  • No, I’ll have to skip it

Votes: 21 10.9%
  • No, wasn’t going anyway

Votes: 23 12.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Not really. I tend to lock mine to the railings by Brighton uni as the racks at the ground fill pretty quickly.

Whereabouts at Brighton Uni?

It was very slow walking with my bike through the crowd after the Leicester match to get to a point where I could get on and ride.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Don’t forget your carefully hidden bottletop.

Girl sat next to me on Saturday (not my usual neighbours who couldn't make the game - they were gutted) had a metal flask and a huge bag ... the size of multiple sheets of A4!!!

I wanted to ask, "how the heck did you manage to get that lot in" ... but didn't bother!

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
I think a lot of people don't realise how many of our supporters live out to Goring in the West, Eastbourne in the West and Haywards Heath in the north of the county that typically train it in. Whatever the club do there will be either a degree of chaos or empty seats.

They did fantastic for Brentford last Boxing Day but that was with more notice and spaces for buses to park. I actually feel sorry for the club having to try and put in place an operation for this one with no notice. Especially as it is Palace. Bloody nightmare

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Whereabouts at Brighton Uni?

It was very slow walking with my bike through the crowd after the Leicester match to get to a point where I could get on and ride.

By the concourse, there's generally a spot there. I used to park at Falmer station but those racks fill pretty early.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
I think a lot of people don't realise how many of our supporters live out to Goring in the West, Eastbourne in the West and Haywards Heath in the north of the county that typically train it in. Whatever the club do there will be either a degree of chaos or empty seats.

They did fantastic for Brentford last Boxing Day but that was with more notice and spaces for buses to park. I actually feel sorry for the club having to try and put in place an operation for this one with no notice.

These are hardly remote outposts. Haywards Heath is one of the most well connected towns in the county! I'm sure they will manage

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
ST season ticket so no issue.
My son who lives in London is using National Express (even though the journey is via Heathrow and Gatwick) jump off at Patcham and a stroll to the Mill Road P&R.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
ST season ticket so no issue.
My son who lives in London is using National Express (even though the journey is via Heathrow and Gatwick) jump off at Patcham and a stroll to the Mill Road P&R.

National Express is pretty good. I used them for Boxing Day when I lived in London. They're very reliable

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
We gave up the "Covid soup" that is a train last season so no change for us - car and then walk as usual.

Would be upset and looking for a refund on one of my match day tickets if it's changed away from 3pm Saturday.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I actually feel sorry for the club having to try and put in place an operation for this one with no notice. Especially as it is Palace. Bloody nightmare

They seem pretty chilled about it so far, what with no announcement or contingency plans mooted...

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
So based on this poll we can expect a gate of around 24,000... A lot of you saying you'll skip this one need to find a way; leave early and expect to get home late.

Aug 18, 2013
They seem pretty chilled about it so far, what with no announcement or contingency plans mooted...
What are they supposed to announce?

"Oh ****. Our super stadium is actually a ballache to get to so we're trying to move it but might not be able to, in which case we're going to have to buy in a shit load of buses at short notice if there's any drivers available"

I imagine when they've got something to announce they will. Balkham has tweeted fans to say so.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
National Express is pretty good. I used them for Boxing Day when I lived in London. They're very reliable

They are indeed, just wondering why the poster's son is going via Heathrow and then Gatwick, as National Express run a frequent and fast service from Victoria Coach Station which goes directly down the A/M23.

Presumably it must be fully booked.

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
ST for our group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 18, 2013
These are hardly remote outposts. Haywards Heath is one of the most well connected towns in the county! I'm sure they will manage
Have you seen how many people get the train on a matchday from Haywards, Wivelsfield, Burgess Hill, Hassocks? Throw in Plumpton and Cooksbridge for those who go into Lewes. An hourly bus service isn't going to be sufficient...when there are four rail replacement buses an hour on Saturdays people get turned away at Hassocks.

I've travelled in on the West Coast a bit lately andthe trains are full and standing only by Lancing if you're lucky to fit on.

We know from club figures that around 14k get the train to the ground. For a bit of context, i think 14k is the total amount of fans that made it to the Brentford game.

It is going to be a huge ask for Barber and the transport team to put on a viable contingency at short notice. I'm sure they'll come up with something if they have to but i don't see how they can get everyone to the stadium who wants to go without Tony sanctioning an entire transfer budget on a bus operation for an extra 10000 people

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Have you seen how many people get the train on a matchday from Haywards, Wivelsfield, Burgess Hill, Hassocks? Throw in Plumpton and Cooksbridge for those who go into Lewes. An hourly bus service isn't going to be sufficient...when there are four rail replacement buses an hour on Saturdays people get turned away at Hassocks.

I've travelled in on the West Coast a bit lately andthe trains are full and standing only by Lancing if you're lucky to fit on.

We know from club figures that around 14k get the train to the ground. For a bit of context, i think 14k is the total amount of fans that made it to the Brentford game.

It is going to be a huge ask for Barber and the transport team to put on a viable contingency at short notice. I'm sure they'll come up with something if they have to but i don't see how they can get everyone to the stadium who wants to go without Tony sanctioning an entire transfer budget on a bus operation for an extra 10000 people

There will still be trains on the mainline albeit reduced service

The eastcoastway line is the real issue

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here