Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Do you plan to go to the Palace match given the likely travel chaos?

Are you still going?

• Yes, I’ll get there somehow

Votes: 148 77.1%
  • No, I’ll have to skip it

Votes: 21 10.9%
  • No, wasn’t going anyway

Votes: 23 12.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Have you seen how many people get the train on a matchday from Haywards, Wivelsfield, Burgess Hill, Hassocks? Throw in Plumpton and Cooksbridge for those who go into Lewes. An hourly bus service isn't going to be sufficient...when there are four rail replacement buses an hour on Saturdays people get turned away at Hassocks.

I've travelled in on the West Coast a bit lately andthe trains are full and standing only by Lancing if you're lucky to fit on.

We know from club figures that around 14k get the train to the ground. For a bit of context, i think 14k is the total amount of fans that made it to the Brentford game.

It is going to be a huge ask for Barber and the transport team to put on a viable contingency at short notice. I'm sure they'll come up with something if they have to but i don't see how they can get everyone to the stadium who wants to go without Tony sanctioning an entire transfer budget on a bus operation for an extra 10000 people

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

With the current national shortage of both bus and coach drivers, it is difficult enough for companies to be able to provide even a regular timetabled service.

I would of thought that providing any extra services over and above those would be nigh on impossible, especially with less than a fortnight's notice.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
[tweet]1567064762944524288[/tweet]

I can't imagine Palace coming into town on a Friday night is something the police would relish to be honest. With a much busier night on the trains anyway with many people on a night out in town, think they'd be better off keeping it to the Saturday. Sunday surely the main alternative.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
What are they supposed to announce?

Ohhh, I don't know...

"We're aware of significant transport issues and are looking into providing additional park 'n' ride services across the city, but there is a possibility of the fixture being moved. We expect to make a full announcement by XXXX."

That kind of thing?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I can't imagine Palace coming into town on a Friday night is something the police would relish to be honest. With a much busier night on the trains anyway with many people on a night out in town, think they'd be better off keeping it to the Saturday. Sunday surely the main alternative.

A better alternative still for me, would be to reschedule it for a midweek date later in the season.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Usual Seagull Travel and, being Palace, a chance for an extra post match pint as the coaches are always delayed by 20 minutes due to the one way system.
If they move the game I'll also be claiming compensation as I've booked my holiday from early Monday morning.
Could they hire Bennetts Field for a one of event to park coaches or could the police legally just take it over on safety grounds?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Those saying they will claim compensation, who from? I'm sure the club has that water tight in the t and C's.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here