Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Do you or anybody you know want a Swansman in your house for 3 months?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Some quite unpleasant comments amongst the humorous and supportive ones on this thread. I live nowhere near Portslade so no help

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The one at the bottom is the servants entrance :moo:

Originally yes. My point was more that multiple entrances are common in terraced town houses.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
[MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] Has got a dog and lives in Portslade, I’m sure you would get along just fine. :):whistle:

I’m afraid “late” is problematic as it’s when I train the dog to bury the bones of my victims.

“Early” and “middle of day” can also be issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I would love to because I think it would be absolutely hilarious (and maybe invite [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] up for Sunday Dinner), but unfortunately there is no direct bus from my place and to get a bus into town then back out to get to Portslade would probably be over an hour each way if you got didn't have to wait for a connection.

And I'm a bit of a way out for getting home from nights in town :(

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I’m the wrong side of the Downs unless you have your own transport (public transport into Brighton is useless from here) but I need a house sitter to feed the cats for part of that period. Hmmm…... May send a PM……

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
GPott putting him up must be the best idea.

Seagulls TV: “Graham - tricky fixture this weekend. How have preparations been going?”

Potter: “Fantastic. I’ve been eating pizza and smoking weed with my lodger till the early hours. Then we watched a Scottish league one game on his phone and sent some emails to Paul Barber.”

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Sorry Bozza/mods if this is not allowed, just remove it in that case.

From 28 of March until June 10 I'm supposed* to study at Loxdale in Portslade and while there are host families it would be nice to live with someone I "know" a little bit from here, or maybe you have a son or something in my own age who needs a roomie.

Some basic info:
- I am a destroyer of my own world but I would keep yours very neat.
- I'd pay £100-£150 per week (depending on where & how etc.)
- I'm (surprisingly?) easy going, nice and socially competent and very low-management
- In the best of worlds my room/shed/shoebox would have its own entrance (as I kind of like late nights) and loo (as I dont like to wake everyone up while taking a shit) but I imagine not a lot of you have your own mansions so I'm very, very adaptable in this regard.

If you have any questions please ask them here (as others might have the same questions), or in PM if you prefer it that way.

* I'm chasing points to get my student loan money and the math is quite complicated but unless I have enough points by March 20 I wont be able to go, unfortunately. It will be tight but I really think/hope I can solve it.

You want to live with NSC posters? Are you mad?

Still, we should arrange a Swansman’s pub crawl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Sorry not in a position to help but hope that somebody can.

£150 cash a week + an interesting - Albion fanatic - house guest would have had a lot of appeal in previous incarnations...

Hopefully the NSC community will also be able to help with tickets and company at matches during your stay.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
The collective noun for Swansmen is a usurpment. I allowed such a bunch to camp in my back garden 2 summers ago. My lord they raucously procreate. I was sure i heard foxes in the night, but as i ventured outwards with my lucky, blood-cast semi-pro tennis racket, i saw and blood-earedly knew that the lustful holler came from the main tent, shaped like an upside down teacup. I didn't go in. I can only presume they have barbed peni. Eventually, around a fortnight later i had to hire some unscrupulous beefcakes and bloaters to surprise them in the dark and heap them into a skip, that they find it impossible to scurry out of. I discovered a week later than 1 still roamed the neighbourhood, but i managed to lure it into a sarcophagus with a stack of bourbons and a squirt of Graham Potter beardhair parfum.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I'll ask the wife if she would be willing to sleep on the sofa, the conversation in bed would be significantly better with you

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here