• Meh

Votes: 41 23.8%
  • I’d rather stick red hot needles in my eyes than listen to them

Votes: 28 16.3%

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Love Coldplay, cannot see why all the negative press.
Each to their own I guess.
Great live.

Yes they’re ok, some decent tunes over the years

And a huge export success for us too

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I rarely choose to listen to their stuff but I simply can't fathom how some people HATE them.

When you look at some of the CRAP on offer in the world of music, it seems bizarre that a band with longevity, variety and who actually play instruments are the target of peoples dislike.

I think a lot of people consider it trendy to slag them off which is sad. There's a lot of singers / bands that I don't like so I listen to those that I do like!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Mentioned in OP.

Brothers in Arms. Hmm. Sold like crazy yet their worst album in years? Could be a reason not to like them.

I know they were mentioned in the OP but haven’t seen much about Dire Straights on here.

I must admit in my late teens / early twenties I had all their albums but as soon as Brothers in Arms came out I didn’t really like it, maybe because some songs were played to death by the radio and the world and his wife bought the album.

wuntbedruv

Imagine
Mar 18, 2022
North West Sussex
I know they were mentioned in the OP but haven’t seen much about Dire Straights on here.

I must admit in my late teens / early twenties I had all their albums but as soon as Brothers in Arms came out I didn’t really like it, maybe because some songs were played to death by the radio and the world and his wife bought the album.

One of the first CD'S if I recall correctly,if you didn't buy it there was sod all out there.

Also, miles ahead of The Joshua Tree now that is one over- rated band.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
One of the first CD'S if I recall correctly,if you didn't buy it there was sod all out there.

Also, miles ahead of The Joshua Tree now that is one over- rated band.

I’m not a big fan of U2 but definitely like the songs on the Joshua Tree over Brothers in Arms

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Exactly, Brothers in Arms tracks, because they had got so big were played to Bohemian Rhapsody levels. I hated that album in the end and I quite liked it initially.

Much like so many hated the Bee Gees a year after Saturday Night Fever was released, which was also an excellent album I came to hate

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Not a huge fan, like some of their stuff but don't dislike them or their stuff to slag them off.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Fortunate enough to see them in a small concert for 50 people.

Would have previously been meh! But great musicians, completely changed my mind.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Making Movies was THE best DS album,, marvellous stories and superb guitar solos and rhythms.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
He’s a bit preachy and overshares. That’s why most people find him and others like annoying. Nothing to do with being upbeat

I don't think he is that preachy...He has views on things, and is quite open about them, but i have not heard him push them on to other people. It's more an image that the media like to portray. They ask the leading questions and he answers them in an open and honest way!

He just seems like a genuinely nice bloke.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
They’ve morphed into a stadium rock event rather than a band but there is more good than bad in their back catalogue I would argue albeit of a time. But bad or annoying? Hardly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here