Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do YOU like clubbing?

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
It's about the company, the atmosphere & the music IMHO. Not really buying the tory Guardian crap about everyone just enjoying the drugs....you can do that anywhere! Me thinks they've been watcning 'Kevin & Perry Go Large' a little too much!

I was an extra in the crowd at Amnesia in Ibiza when they filmed that :blush:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
But therein lies the problem imo. As I said above, I love clubbing without the drugs, because the tunes give me the high. When I've been clubbing with mates who usually do pills, if they can't score they don't enjoy the night and spend much of it scouring the place looking for E's so they can enjoy themselves and re-live that 'first rush' as you put it. And to me that's a massive shame, cos there's nothing like buzzing naturally to a great tune. It's all about feeling the music and rushing off the records! :)

Irony is that if you score, you can't 'score'... well, not for some hours anyway, and yet external commentators often seem to assume that getting a shag is part of the full setup.

I do perfectly fine off alcohol and caffeine, generally delivered through irn bru and vodka if possible...

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
But therein lies the problem imo. As I said above, I love clubbing without the drugs, because the tunes give me the high. When I've been clubbing with mates who usually do pills, if they can't score they don't enjoy the night and spend much of it scouring the place looking for E's so they can enjoy themselves and re-live that 'first rush' as you put it. And to me that's a massive shame, cos there's nothing like buzzing naturally to a great tune. It's all about feeling the music and rushing off the records! :)
I know where you're coming from. You're in quite a good position in that you haven't opened pandoras box, once you go to the dark side it's very difficult to go back, it can be done though. Always score before you go out is the moral of your mates' story.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Charlie Brooker clearly doesnt know what he's talking about or goes to shit clubs. hang on, its the former:
I hated them when I was 19 and I hate them today

so because he didnt/dosent like clubing, nobody else really does? what a self absorbed muppet.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
its ok once every now and again, i wouldnt want to do it EVERY week though. much prefer a weeknight out as well, when the drinks are cheaper and its a lot less busy

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Charlie Brooker clearly doesnt know what he's talking about or goes to shit clubs. hang on, its the former:

so because he didnt/dosent like clubing, nobody else really does? what a self absorbed muppet.

Self absorbed? It's a personal column.

sunshine

May 31, 2006
Essex
I like clubbing!!! Though i am shattered by 1am and have to go home , i do enjoy it. I must be getting old...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here