[Football] Do you know where this is?

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
It upsets me greatly how much countryside is around it. Take me back to a time where we didn't just build all over fields everywhere.
You won't enjoy this painting I saw in the national railway museum in York then:
NY_NRM_1975_8492-001.jpg

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
It upsets me greatly how much countryside is around it. Take me back to a time where we didn't just build all over fields everywhere.
And you can't see4 the new Wembley for all the high rise blocks of flats round it

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Unfortunately that is the way it goes.

UK population in 1901 was 32 million...
The extra 35 million odd have to live somewhere.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Well although it may seem to the contrary at the moment, l don't think they are building over every available field quite yet.

Indeed Sussex is still a beautiful county in the most part, with some of it really quite rural.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
I think the area to the north of the stadium was built on with the pavilions for the Empire Exhibition of 1924. I can remember some of the pavilions still standing and converted into industrial units. The stadium until the late 50s (and perhaps beyond) was officially called the Empire Stadium, Wembley.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Thought it looked like Upton Park or the Baseball ground in the 1970s towards the end of the season - possibly with less grass and more sand

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here