Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you HONESTLY believe Paul Ince is in the running?

Well?

• Never in the running - PR stunt

Votes: 24 19.2%
  • Never in the running - Media putting 2 and 2 together and getting 39

Votes: 76 60.8%
  • DEFO in the running

Votes: 25 20.0%

• Total voters

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Not sure what you mean.

I do however think that the Brighton job has become HUGELY unattractive. Poor league position, high turn-over of recent managers, next to no money, falling attendances, poor coaching infrastructure. I don't think any tops names would be interested anymore and, because this would be seen by some to reflect on the way the club is run, it would be in the best interests of the chairman and board to leak out a few high-profile names.

Not to mention fans who recently qualified journalists who are trying to make a name for themselves by spouting weird and wonderful conspiracy theories. It would be a hell of a job to have to put up with your own brand of cynicism/fantasy.

The only comments about Ince have come from supporters and journalists.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Not sure what you mean.

I do however think that the Brighton job has become HUGELY unattractive. Poor league position, high turn-over of recent managers, next to no money, falling attendances, poor coaching infrastructure. I don't think any tops names would be interested anymore and, because this would be seen by some to reflect on the way the club is run, it would be in the best interests of the chairman and board to leak out a few high-profile names.

This high turn-over of managers isn't really as bad as you'd like it to be is it?

Anybody with a brain capable of running a football club will look at the true picture rather than consult anti-Knight posts by people like you on an internet forum.

Give us a breakdown of the managers who have come and gone and why.

I'll start you off:

Gritt-fired because we were in danger of dropping into the Conference.

Horton-went back to his old club because at the time we were stuck with a groundshare in Gillingham.

Adams 1-left to move on to a job much higher up the food chain.

Jeff Woods-was only a temporary appointment (thank goodness) who was pretty hopeless in charge.

Hinshlewood-see Jeff Woods.

Taylor-wasn't up to the challenge because there wasn't the money he felt he needed.

Coppell-moved to a much better job.

McGhee-hounded out by the likes of you-remember all that crap do you?

Wilkins-you and his 'friends' seem to know the reasons he's not here.

Adams 2-failed to do the job he was employed to do.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I would like to think enquiries were made, even if more in hope than expectation.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Anyone who thinks he has EVER been in the running is an idiot.

If a manager who has been in the Premiership was interested, or as some would have us believe, been seen at Withdean at the weeken, would Knight have so publicly backed Gannon? Of course not. Even if he had eventually opted for Gannon he would have at least kept his cards closer to this chest.

Seems to me the only circumstances where Knight would be so open is if the other candidates were crap.

And anyone, if Ince WAS interviewed, does anyone think someone as arrogant or proud as him would come down here with everyone in the world knowing Gannon was the first choice?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Anyone who thinks he has EVER been in the running is an idiot.

judging by the number of posts you have made on this today it seems you must have at one stage thought he was despite NOTHING coming from the club to indicate that was the case. You are now covering your sadness with this constant over denial.

Your constant 2+2 = 5, random (and some may say unhinged) behaviour is beginning to get really worrying. Has the 442 stuff started to go to your head?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
judging by the number of posts you have made on this today it seems you must have at one stage thought he was despite NOTHING coming from the club to indicate that was the case. You are now covering your sadness with this constant over denial.

Your constant 2+2 = 5, random (and some may say unhinged) behaviour is beginning to get really worrying. Has the 442 stuff started to go to your head?

What are you on about? Going to my head? What a blog I don't get paid for? Hardly.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
What are you on about? Going to my head? What a blog I don't get paid for? Hardly.

But that's maybe the issue - currently unpaid but you think you are worth so much more. So perhaps the more random and extreme your comments and behaviour, the more likelhood of you getting noticed and picked up for bigger and better things.

There has to be a psychological reason for your quaint behaviour and constant need for attention.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Or maybe, just maybe, like many fans on here I am at the end of my tether with the current situation down at Withdean.

Who knows?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Or maybe, just maybe, like many fans on here I am at the end of my tether with the current situation down at Withdean.

Who knows?

The current situation or your perception of the current sitaution based on the local media or supporters on here. Ince as a story is a product of the latter, not the former.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Speculation on a football fans forum? You will be telling me football fans chat about possible managers/new signings/random theories in the pub next?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Speculation on a football fans forum? You will be telling me football fans chat about possible managers/new signings/random theories in the pub next?

Only when you start complaining that comments made in the pub about managers/signings/random theories are causing you to be at the end of your tether about the current situation

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury

Who knows?

End of your tether? It's a game of football. Is there nothing else important in your life?

What's happening here that hasn't happened at our club and nearly every other club in the country time and time again..and will continue to do so all the time professional football is played?

We're looking for a new manager and we'll get one at some stage in near future. Just like all the other times. Calm down, wait for the new appointment and even he's not exactly who you would have chosen, get behind him and the team.

It's really not worth being at the end of your tether about.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
If we are so shit and he would never wont to manage us, why would he even bother denying it. Look at it from his point of view. If he did aply for it and then does not get it how would that make him look??

I know its a BIG if.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It may turn out that Ince and Dowie have been added to the shortlist after the other 2 have been interviewed to get a bigger picture.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here