Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you have any interest in football outside of The Albion?

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
Used to be. But after the age of around 25, lost all non Albion interest. Loved playing, still have the odd veteran kick about. But can't remember last time I watched MOTD or an England game.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I like bet on football bet even then it's a poor third to racing and golf.
Love watching the Albion live but have zero interest in any games on TV.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
The only teams i support are the Albion, England and whoever Palace are playing against

(well someone had to post this didn't they)

Last edited:

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Love it, take in as much of it as possible when the albion aren't playing. When I was at uni and 250 miles away from Brighton I would watch 4 streams on Saturday 3pm at the same time with seagulls player on in the background plus the late prem game at the pub. We had a pretty decent internet connection. I watch less now but still watch every game I can. Watched every World Cup 2014 game I could possibly watch as well, what a tournament, so many incredible goals.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Also totally out of touch with the current England team.
I only know a couple.

Joe Hart
??? Ali (Tottenham?)
Rooney
Welbeck
Livermore?
Sturridge

I'm sure I know a couple more, just can't think...

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I am aware that other Clubs exist, but since 1955 I've been married to B&HA. I may look at other Clubs and sometimes think they are nice , or not. It's like looking at other women when you're married, nice to look occasionally but to look too long would be faithless.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No.

I just can't watch 90 minutes of non Albion football, the last time that happened was probably 10 - 20 years ago.

I guess I still enjoy the principle of football :shrug:
I'll have 5 live commentary on in the background, I listen to 3 separate football podcasts.

But at whatever point the sport actually believed itself to be 'more important than life or death', that was the point it left me behind.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I enjoy going to watch live games but wouldn't watch anything on TV

When the Albion don't have a game, like on a Saturday at 3 o'clock for example, I will either take in a non league game or watch the racing.

I went to Everton Manchester City league cup semi and Bognor Grimsby FA Trophy semi but wouldn't watch either on TV .
I don't watch euros, world cups or champions league. Couldn't care less.

And as a result ...... I have never seen Messi play !
As usual, likely to be in a small minority, and quite content to be so.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Very little apart from Albion. Not so much enjoyment watching games when you don't mind who wins and not moaning about decisions. However taking a little more interest now as hoping Leicester win league over big boys

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I'm genuinely quite envious of those who can honestly keep it to BHA only without so much as being tempted.

In my case, if there's football on, at any level, i'll watch it.. and after a couple of minutes everything else may aswell not exist.

I've been told one day i'll grow up, it's been a fair old slog already though and i'm still waiting.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I'd struggle to name many players in the PL (will change should the Albion get there) as i a only interested in the division the Albion are playing

I don't watch MOTD, Live Premier Leaague matches or any or the Champions League / Europa games now, I haven't had Sky for over 20 years and have no interest i getting it. In the past i would only occasional watch one when it used to be on ITV more it was normally by chance than intention (ie, channel surfing and see there is nothing better on and found a game was on) but normally not that bothered and wouldn't really go out of my way to watch one

I'd only watch a live match in the pub if it involved a Brighton away game (which i wasn't already going to only because i can't make it rather than choosing not to go because it's on tv)

I didn't know Vardy had broken the consecutive matches goal scoring record and that Leicester were top of the league until someone mentioned this to me in the pub and i had to admit i didn't have a clue who he was, who he played for or that he was even on a scoring run.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I love it and a total nerd. One of the few that was aware of Dier while at Sporting as I had read a few articles about him in the U21s and then seemingly disappearing. Very surprised it took this long for him to be signed over here.

Love the game and will watch any league if it is on

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
My dad supports Leicester so I've always followed them. Since moving abroad I watch ADO Den Haag often so I've gained an insight to Dutch football. Every ADO supporter couldn't believe Holla moved to us. But there is a few players we should look for, one guy who plays for FC Twente called Hakim Ziyech who I think would be perfect for us.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I am interested in football stadiums. I love seeing ones that are different to the norm, and enjoy going to games abroad to sample the atmosphere of the game and the town.

But I have little interest in the actual games.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Yes. I watch my son train and play and play a bit myself (occasionally and badly). I also keep track of Crystal Palace and cheer on whoever is playing them, I've also been following Hull, Burnley and Middlesbrough fortunes recently too. I like the odd bet on the football, so I watch the football league show and read the FL paper to see who is doing what.

So it's mainly Brighton but I do keep an eye on others (no so much the PL unless it involves Palace).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here