Do you have a favourite Spanish team?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Real Valladolid for me. Been to see them a couple of times, spent a fair bit of time in the city. Currently locked in a struggle with Celta for the second promotion spot from Segunda A, having shipped a 94th-minute equaliser on Sunday morning which was pretty agonising viewing. Still quite a few games to go in that division - I don't think it finishes 'til halfway through the Euros, by the time the play-offs are done.

But I also have a lot of time for Bilbao too - great support, and they had the common decency to beat Man United this season.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
No, but I have a favourite Spanish Red, Gran Tresoro, best value wine in the World (official)

Me neither...however, i do have a liking for Rioja and chorizo....

If i had to choose a footie team though, it would be Athletic, fearless and great to watch...a very young team too, one for the future.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
FC Barcelona of course, although they're not a Spanish club.

That said, I do very much admire Athletic Club's cantera policy, although obviously they're not Spanish either.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Yes Hercules FC based in Alicante. Saw them play real in a pre season friemdly last year. play in blue and white stripes have a mental main stand which is so high.

They beat barca at the nou camp 2-0 on returning to the top division only to get relegated. now back in 2nd division.

Great name great badge :)

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Cadiz for me, fanatical support (just about the only fans in spain that regularly travel to away games in any number), fantastic city, team currently languishing in the spanish regional 3rd tier at the moment but still getting amazing gates and top of the league as we speak.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
definitely athletic bilbao....i've always liked them even before this season

i admire their ethos, i like their ground and their fans are brilliant

and they've produced some EXCELLENT players
Always bilbao for me. Their history and this season to show their class.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
certainly not real sociedad,had my car vandalised while in san sebastian

apparently basques aren't that keen on the english

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
any of the ones who sound flair when you shout them out in a loud spanish accent

Rayo Valencano, Raaaaacing Santander and Osasuna being my favourites

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
i simply adore El Gustavo's Brightón

He Shot He Scored

Jan 25, 2010
I go on holiday to Alicante region mostly - Hercules, Real Murcia, Cartagena and Elche are the local teams, all in the 2nd division currently although Cartagena will be relegated and Hercules will be in the play-offs. Saw a game at Elche -stadium built for world cup in 1982 but far too big for the team. Elche against Valencia B was the only game I've got to in Spain, several years ago now! There may have been a famous footballer playing and I'd never know (a young Vicente perhaps!). Spanish football is expensive though -Hercules played Real Madrid in a friendly last Aug but I think it was at least 30 euros to get in.

This website is good for European Football, including a few lower leagues such as Spain

Spanish Liga Segunda Division table, results, scores, stats, standings and form table - SoccerSTATS.com

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
what happened to the Depor fans we used to have on here?
Top of the 2nd div, surely going up after one season down.

Half my family are from Coruna.

Cadiz for me, fanatical support (just about the only fans in spain that regularly travel to away games in any number), fantastic city, team currently languishing in the spanish regional 3rd tier at the moment but still getting amazing gates and top of the league as we speak.

Is the correct answer.

Gib, I'm probably going to be on the rock one day next week, fancy meeting up for a quick half?

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Deportivo La Coruna!...

4 points clear at the top and 7 points clear of the third place team with 5 games to go... Keeping fingers crossed promotion to La Liga will happen!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports