Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you hate Palace?

Do you hate Palace?

• Yes, I HATE them. It's in my BHA DNA and nothing will change that.

Votes: 183 58.3%
  • Yeah, I hate them. My mates do, and so do I although I'm not sure why

Votes: 8 2.5%
  • About as much as any other team we're playing on any given day

Votes: 66 21.0%
  • No, it's all nonsense. I thought we'd moved on from this outdated football idiocy.

Votes: 50 15.9%
  • No, I LOVE them. They're my second team who I like to watch if I can't watch the mighty Albion.

Votes: 7 2.2%

• Total voters

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I don't know about hate but I certainly find it very easy NOT to like them.

The administrations, the cladding, the crumbling stadium, the shitty eagle mascot, the unattainable dream of owning that South London football market they aspire to, the succession of dickhead managers.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
No hate whatsoever.....pity yes.

The man of knowledge must be able not only to love his enemies but also to hate his friends - Friedrich Nietzsche

They are great fun though.

Crystal-Palace-team-bus-attacked-with-graffiti-591994.jpg

Baldie1002

Jan 9, 2013
Pulborough, West Sussex
If you're a Brighton and Hove Albion fan, you should loathe them.

I was there on 13/05/2013 too... never gonna forget that.

Hope we can get one back on them when we play them on the 28/11/17
Up the Albion!

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Have never understood this. Just another football club. I work in London and work with a few supporters. I have watched Palace games with them home and away no problem . Just good banter

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Genuine footy rivalry is great.
With Palarse it's the same, they just exist that's all.
Have a work colleague who's a Palarse fan, plenty of banter, couldn't do without it.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Proper hate Palace fans, me

Would I punch one in the back of the head for it? No

Would I chuck one a rope if he was drowning? Yes
This.

As others have said, it's a pantomime hate. I've got good mates who support Man United and even Palace.

I despise their shitty clubs and want them to lose every game (Palace when they play each other obvs). But it's not "hate" in any real sense of the word. It's part of what makes football so good.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I don't know about hate but I certainly find it very easy NOT to like them.

The administrations, the cladding, the crumbling stadium, the shitty eagle mascot, the unattainable dream of owning that South London football market they aspire to, the succession of dickhead managers.

Tend to agree with this. I also genuinely dislike the kit, in whatever form it's reinvented. And that horrrendous font that the so-called ultras like to use in their crappy banners.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I feel slightly sorry for them as a club that's always struggling to find a real identity and has an obvious inferiority complex.

In the early 1970s, before we became rivals, they were a plucky little club trying their best to hang on to their newly-won first division status and I quite liked them. Then Malcolm Allison came along with all that Eagles nonsense - are eagles indigenous to the Croydon area? their previous nickname of 'Glaziers' made far more sense - and changed their kit to a poor man's Barcelona and they became something else. And I don't think anyone really knew what it was.

Pardew was actually the perfect manager for them (and, coincidentally, once worked as a glazier) because he understood more about their South London roots than most. It was a shame from his and their point of view that he couldn't make them win home games. But highly amusing for us, of course.

I enjoyed us putting the final nail in their relegation at Selhurst in 1981, and I thought them advertising for new rivals when we were in the fourth tier was genuinely funny. Both sides understand that we'd miss each other if either club disappeared - which has been on the cards at times.

The annual REMF match probably sums it up best. It wouldn't be the same if we played the fans of Stains or the #twats. Both teams want to beat the other, but it's not the be-all and end-all. Or shouldn't be.

Last edited:

bhadiv1

Apr 28, 2009
Saltdean
Do you hate Palace

I like to think of myself as a rational guy in his mid 50's. Namely I like to think I am respectful and that I value that we are all have differences, be it age, sexuality etc etc.
But where CPFC are concerned all that rational thought goes out of the window, I detest them and everything they stand for .

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Any 'hate' is inherited. It's not born out of any sense of injustice or experience for most.

They are simply pantomime villains. A rivalry that adds an edge and makes thing fun.I want to see them lose every match but wish their supporters no ill or harm. They are, dare I say it, a proper traditional football club.

There are a few who seem to genuinely hate them. Some of those seem to spend a lot of time hating other things as well. Seems to be a pattern of irrational resentment where they are concerned. If they supported Portsmouth it would be re-directed to Southampton.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Hate Hate Hate with every bone in my body.

Club, fans, town everything about them, they make my blood boil.

The world would be better off without them in it.

Grrrrrrrrrrrr

You have to be of a certain age to truly understand what the rivalry is all about.

That's the one!

I think us older fans who were around in the 70s/80s probably have far stronger feelings on the matter than the younger generation and the JCLs.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Missing the option

I see them as our main rivals, but I don't hate them

Agreed. It is a crap poll. Only an idiot would tick option 2, which basically says 'I am a brainless sheep'.

Personally I would take 2 defeats to them this sason if we nevertheless finish above them in the league.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here