Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you hate "lol" ?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
drowning-lol-400x437.jpg

HAHAHA That is actually amazing, is that a real sign?

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
It's rare that I ROTFL these days. Last time was watching Fawlty Towers in the 70s or early 80s. I've never read anything on NSC that makes me LMFAO but I have read the odd post that makes me LOL. I wouldn't post about it though. It's a private thing.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I do. It really gets on my tits. It was fine when I was a 16 year old having a chat on ICQ and GENIUNELY did laugh at something, now it's just soo overused. Even my elderly mother uses it now, sending me texts like "just put the washing out lol". It's used by retards who think it makes their comment funny, it doesn't. Above all, it's just a lie -if you're honestly sat at your computer constantly laughing out loud to yourself, you're unhinged.
Bedwetter lol

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
My mother thought it meant lots of love.

Baz. We've had to put Smudge down. Lol
I think that's happened to a lot of people.

The confusion, not the putting down. Sorry to hear about Smudge. Did he get run over?

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
I think that's happened to a lot of people.

The confusion, not the putting down. Sorry to hear about Smudge. Did he get run over?

It certainly happened to plate face Cameron when he was arse licking Rebecca Brookes.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
What gets my goat about it - wonder for a moment what the goat lol is - is that if I email people from a younger generation and they do lol me in reply then I begin to believe that I am Earth's funniest chap. The reality of it is that they're staring blankly at a screen and recognised that a joke was made and therefore, perhaps out of either just habit or, unlikely, respect, they label it with a lol that just didn't really occur. That's why we get terms like ACTUAL LOL now, so that I can differentiate between the nicety of what is probably an internal smirk and something funny enough to make someone laugh. ACTUAL LOLs I don't get enough of, so normal lols seem something of an insult and clarity to me that the person didn't really get the joke.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
FFS, lol?

GTFO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here