Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Do you get the shits?

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
If you - don't - get the shits, have a banana. You've all seen the pop-up ad, how to give your bowels a jet wash? Well, in my experience, it works a treat. Well, not a treat, but you get the idea.

Note that this advice is not to be followed by people who - do - get the shits.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
That's a bit unreasonable. @herecomesaregular is a fine gentleman of my acquaintance. ???

Apologies if I have missed something here but that sounded a bit rude. I don't always follow the narrative....
It was harsh. Specifically because I’d been told by him I had a harsh sense of humour. So I did a deliberately harsh post to make a point.

Not funny having slept on it, so apologies all round.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
The deposit after the Saturday takeaway would have drawn interest from National Geographic, thankfully back to normal times now

Jul 7, 2003
Diabetic ,metformin plays havoc with the bowels . oh for a solid poop now and again . Apologies .
It's not known as Metfartin without reason either which, when things get loose can lead to a little anxiety. I find it really annoying that the local chemist keeps changing Metformin suppliers as every time they do, it seems to take me a few days to get back to normal. Same drug but definite differences in them.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It was harsh. Specifically because I’d been told by him I had a harsh sense of humour. So I did a deliberately harsh post to make a point.

Not funny having slept on it, so apologies all round.
Good man :thumbsup:

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
I eat anything, constitution of an ox, eat sensibly try to drink sensibly but wiping blimey has that become a chore, another age thing they don't tell you about!

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Remember reading Spike Milligan's autobiography. He was describing when he was Gunner Milligan in the Army and was having trouble with his bowels, he referred to the condition as the raging shits.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Whilst working, I used to produce about five portions of oxtail soup before I left my house. A few more portions would follow, up until late morning.
I retired nearly seven years ago. I've not changed my diet whatsoever, but since day one, it's one, sometimes two Lion Bars in the morning, and that's it.
Stress was the cause.
This is very similar to me. My mums Celiac so i thought it was maybe a wheat/gluten intolerance as i do have some kind of bloating, and runny poos when i have beer or a lot of bread. However the main cause i found was down to work stress, or just hating my job and manager and knowing i have 15/20 years more of this. My blood tests showed i wasn't intolerant. Although this doesn't necessary mean there isn't something i'm eating aiding the runniness.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I suffered from Ulcerative colitis for years - until surgery (complete with reworked inner pouch) saved me from illness, constant trips to the loo and a bag

One big shout - if you do have changes to your bowel habits, loose, constipation, blood, please see a Dr ASAP. More likley a bug or something, but that check up could save your life

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
I suffered from Ulcerative colitis for years - until surgery (complete with reworked inner pouch) saved me from illness, constant trips to the loo and a bag

One big shout - if you do have changes to your bowel habits, loose, constipation, blood, please see a Dr ASAP. More likley a bug or something, but that check up could save your life
Blood in stools i agree with... but my stool habits are always changing.. Hard to know when to see a dr regarding changing habits.

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany

Fellow sufferer here.. Have not gone down the surgery route, so far..

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Ilkley
It's not known as Metfartin without reason either which, when things get loose can lead to a little anxiety. I find it really annoying that the local chemist keeps changing Metformin suppliers as every time they do, it seems to take me a few days to get back to normal. Same drug but definite differences in them.

Same here, rarely get the same brand two in a row on repeat prescriptions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here