Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Do you get the shits?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not me lately, now I have finally nipped the gluten (wheat/beer) in the bud as well as the lactose (milk products).

Down to one a day, now, as opposed to the 5 before leaving for work, and 3 on the train to London (working toilets permitting :drool: :ohmy:).

Take note. I was blighted for 20 years. It happens to the best of us. Our internals change as we get older. You don't have to put up with this.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Welcome to Dadsnet health section.

Your lactose free advice definitely helped, taking away 'urgency'. Thank you.

But I'm more regular than you, due to a changed wall structure from the 100% successful 2019 op. Apparently due to natural chemicals, the endoscopist explained, but in one ear to a non-scientists.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Welcome to Dadsnet health section.

Your lactose free advice definitely helped, taking away 'urgency'. Thank you.

But I'm more regular than you, due to a changed wall structure from the 100% successful 2019 op. Apparently due to natural chemicals, the endoscopist explained, but in one ear to a non-scientists.
I was meaning to ask you how it all is. But I don't like to ask, just in case. I am delighted for you. :rave::rave::rave::thumbsup:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Not me lately, now I have finally nipped the gluten (wheat/beer) in the bud as well as the lactose (milk products).

Down to one a day, now, as opposed to the 5 before leaving for work, and 3 on the train to London (working toilets permitting :drool: :ohmy:).

Take note. I was blighted for 20 years. It happens to the best of us. Our internals change as we get older. You don't have to put up with this.
Could it be linked to this?

:poop:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I was meaning to ask you how it all is. But I don't like to ask, just in case. I am delighted for you. :rave::rave::rave::thumbsup:
All good thanks. Next check in 5 years.

Was a whisker away from cells going to next stage, being cancerous. So lucky.

Glad your situation's settled down.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Just about getting back to normal after gallbladder removal , but pretty sure gluten / beer is bit of an issue but to scared to properly have it checked

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
My ponies are like a slippery babies arm at the moment..long may it continue. :thumbsup:

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Whilst working, I used to produce about five portions of oxtail soup before I left my house. A few more portions would follow, up until late morning.
I retired nearly seven years ago. I've not changed my diet whatsoever, but since day one, it's one, sometimes two Lion Bars in the morning, and that's it.
Stress was the cause.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
80064625-382A-4D77-B963-53694260C70A.jpeg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Just about getting back to normal after gallbladder removal , but pretty sure gluten / beer is bit of an issue but to scared to properly have it checked
Easy to cut it out and see what happens. Try it. What's to lose? But you'd be surprised what is tainted with either gluten or lactose.

Most breakfast cereal. I am on dried fruit and nuts now.
That includes porridge (including Genesis-P-, the weirdo)
Bread
Pies
Many flavours of crisps.
Beer (cider and wine are fine, thankfully)
Butter (margarine is fine)
Sausages (!) (I get gluten free from Macknade in Faversham)
Gravy! (gluten free is widely available)
Processed shit - chicken twizzlers, breaded fish, frozen bollocks, etc.

but NOT:

Rice
Spuds
Meat. Any actual bits of unadulterated (non-processed, non-breaded) animal, bird, mollusk or crustacean
Fish
Banana
Gin
Whisky (TFFT)
Apples
Celery
Greenery (spinach, brocolli)
Beetroot (yum)
Olives
Other veg (how dull)

Mmmmm....interesting, innit?

Good luck!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Travelling by train and not knowing if the ‘facilities’ were going to be working or not must have not helped the erm..situation

Going to lactose free milk a few years back has been a big help…discovering Lidl sold it at nearly half the price of Tescos also helped!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Travelling by train and not knowing if the ‘facilities’ were going to be working or not must have not helped the erm..situation

Going to lactose free milk a few years back has been a big help…discovering Lidl sold it at nearly half the price of Tescos also helped!
Couldn't go to work some days....trains with no working lavvy. Twats.

Lidl is brilliant. I have a fridge in the shed stacked with lactose free milk.

And, er, cider.

Well.....come ON! :wink:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Down to one a day, now, as opposed to the 5 before leaving for work, and 3 on the train to Lon (working toilets permitting :drool: :ohmy:).

It's great that you can put this out there Mike, l

It's great that you can put this out there Mike, well done to you.
I know peoples bowel habits change over a lifetime.
As you know full well, even for me, when I sneeze, I have to make sure all doors are closed.

Have you lost weight in the process and put it back on :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Have you lost weight in the process and put it back on :thumbsup:
I weigh myself every day (well....that's the Asperger's, the need to catalogue... 😆)

My weight has been dependent on how much I scoff and quaff for the last 3 years. The issue is the frequency and velocity and consistency of the product. Out, rather than in. :drool:

Hope your undercarriage is doing you proud :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here