Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you feel safe in Brighton at night?

Do you feel safe after dark in Brighton?

Votes: 52 43.7%

Votes: 44 37.0%

Votes: 10 8.4%

Votes: 9 7.6%

Votes: 4 3.4%

• Total voters

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
I don't feel overly safe if I'm walking around by myself late at night, there just seem to be too many stories lately of assaults on women. So after 10pm ish I'll usually get a bus or cab home, instead of walking anywhere.

However, if I'm with friends then I feel completely fine.

Good.

Blazing Apostle

Jul 30, 2011
Yes more than happy wandering around Western Rd midnightish - would not fancy Marine Parade at 4am mind you....but that should be common sense. Then again the only time I have ever had any trouble in Brighton was in an half empty pub at 5.30pm....its all down to wrong time at the wrong place

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The only cities I've lived in are Brighton and Nottingham. In Nottingham I was wary walking home from lectures at 5pm in the dark and was very nearly mugged once. Whereas I've walked through Brighton's parks alone at 4am without being worried.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Safe . Have staggered round all of it without issues . West street not even bad IMO . Brighton safer than a lot of places but be a **** then face consequences wherever you are

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Obviously I've pressed the wrong button again. Feel pretty well safe anywhere in Brighton, but I'm at the age now where my weekend starts with a glass of wine or a cheap can of something at home. I'm normally up at a time Saturday morning taking the dog out just as some of the youngsters are taking the dog home!

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Find the bus-stops a bit hairy later on. There are always seems to be at least one "psycho" with a fixed expression staring challengingly.

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
I feel very safe until I bump into a gang of youths. Then after taking out all 15 of them I worry that there dads might come looking.:D

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
Find the bus-stops a bit hairy later on. There are always seems to be at least one "psycho" with a fixed expression staring challengingly.

I have a bus stop outside my house, and the poor ******* gets the sh*t kicked out of it every weekend. Then the poor sod has to listen to girls screeming all night.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Brighton is getting very dangerous indeed!

Had some massive geezers walking straight towards me only the other day at about 3.45 pm. I completely shat myself whilst standing there frozen with fear watching them walk in my direction giving me the eyes. There was no way I could get out of this one, I really did think I was ends meat.
Luckily though, one of them dropped a pencil sharpener and a pack-lunch box which distracted them all, giving me the chance to think quick and bolt it!

Very frightening experience, made me a lot more aware of the dangers I could face with my doorman job.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I was back for a bit last year and just went about as I did before I left, no problem at all.
I even walked, accompanied by a rather large doner, from the flower clock in Hove to Kemptown, a bit drunk, early on a Sunday morning with no bother.
On that basis it is a 1 from me.

Camicus

I aint afraid of man nor beast. So its a one from me. I live in Leeds are though and there are some proper psychos up here

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I start off at 5 and gradually go down to 1 the more I drink.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Brightons safe. I've had nights out in Brighton for 23 years & never had a scrap (i didn't want) or been started on

I do think there are a lot of sexual assaults though which while not affecting me, make me concerned for the mrs when she's out without me

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here