Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you feel POSITIVE about our prospects this season ?

Do you feel POSITIVE about this season ?

• I'm POSITIVE

Votes: 70 81.4%
  • I'm NEGATIVE

Votes: 16 18.6%

• Total voters

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
We need to get quality players in first, then I'll be positive. Too early to say IMHO.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
In my humble opinion the atmosphere has steadily declined due to the turgid stuff on offer.
The Amex isn't the Fortress we all hoped for----hopefully this season the atmosphere will be like that first one.
If yesterday is anything to go by I'm really looking forward to it :drink:

I'm not really sure you could read anything into yesterday

gully1984

May 3, 2014
Providing we make some signings in the next couple of weeks that are quality I have a feeling we will do it this season. I believe that Sami is a leader and with the right backroom staff this is out title to claim. I always said that Garcia lacked flair and positivity, look at Sami's interviews, you can tell he knows what he is doing. Mark my words!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Spot on as usual. NSC voice of reason. As long as we replace TK who was average last season. Get a quality left back and a solid centre half. JFC, Dunk, March and Ince have a seasons experience under their belts and will be better for it. If we got Baldock to replace Hoskins and even Jennings to replace Buckley(who's never fit). And sold Ulloa for £7m and get Nugent as part of the deal. Throw in a fit CMS and we are in much better shape than last season.

Was with you all the way until the Ulloa/Nugent part. If it was Ulloa for £7m plus Wood or alternatively someone a bit different to what we have already then perhaps, but not sure Nugent would improve us that much, and would also result in us being very lightweight up front.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Was with you all the way until the Ulloa/Nugent part. If it was Ulloa for £7m plus Wood or alternatively someone a bit different to what we have already then perhaps, but not sure Nugent would improve us that much, and would also result in us being very lightweight up front.

I think Nugent is out of contract currently at Leicester anyway so he'd have to sign his contract only to then sign for us in exchange for Ulloa. Would be an odd move.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Pretty much the time to get ridiculously positive .......... so the fall will be even more tragic.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
What does 'turgid' mean?

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Way way way way too early to say. We know nothing of Sami's style yet, or who half our squad is.[/QUOTE

Is the correct answer on all counts !

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
Now HYYPIA has started training what are your feelings about this season ? For me a DECENT keeper, defender and striker, 5 QUALITY signings with what we've got should see us in with a good chance of TOP 6 again.

I'm beginning to get my Albion MOJO back after that Spanish IDIOT Oscar's NEGATIVITY last season and good riddance to him.

For me I've got a POSITIVE vibe for the season as long as we get the players in we need.

Might have been the Harveys but I noticed a definite feel good factor yesterday, couple of decent signings and away we go.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
What does 'turgid' mean?

Literally, 'swollen'.

This particular instance may be a usage with which I am unfamiliar.

turgid |ˈtərjid| adjective
1. swollen and distended or congested: a turgid and fast-moving river.
2. (of language or style) tediously pompous or bombastic: some turgid verses on the death of Prince Albert.

Origin: early 17th cent.: from Latin turgidus, from turgere ‘to swell.’

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Literally, 'swollen'.

This particular instance may be a usage with which I am unfamiliar.

turgid |ˈtərjid| adjective
1. swollen and distended or congested: a turgid and fast-moving river.
2. (of language or style) tediously pompous or bombastic: some turgid verses on the death of Prince Albert.

Origin: early 17th cent.: from Latin turgidus, from turgere ‘to swell.’

Thanks- I've always thought it meant slow n boring so I may have been half right

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Thanks- I've always thought it meant slow n boring so I may have been half right

As a description of literary style -- or I suppose football -- it's spot on.
As a medical diagnosis or observation, it's.... interesting.

Positive and hopeful we know have a manager who will last more than one season.

I feel it in my water that this could be a repeat of the final Withdean season with us sweeping all aside on the way to the top. I do hope my water is correct.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here