• I'll stay up for midnight

Votes: 23 32.4%
  • Early night, just another day.

Votes: 27 38.0%

• Total voters

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Like others I loved it when I was younger. Now sometimes we go to low-key gatherings at friends' houses and sometimes we just treat it as if it were a normal night. What with deaths and illness it hasn't been a particularly good year for us so we're in no mood to celebrate anything - although we did have a good, if quiet, Christmas.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I really like New year eve/ day. I like to reflect on the past year and think about the 12 months ahead and it's fun to do this with friends and a few drinks.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I think this is the first year I won't be going out or celebrating in any way at all, and it doesn't appeal to me at all.

Ah, the wisdom of years ? I have done my time whooping and hollering and staggering back home penniless and pissed at ridiculous o'clock. Eventually the thought of spending 10 times the amount of money you need for a few drinks indoors hits home. Will possibly go out for an early couple of decent bitters then its home by 8 and onto the wine.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I celebrate the Solstice. The original December celebration in this country before we were invaded by Christians.

So you have had your fill of Parsnip and Rose Hip wine by now then ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Will possibly go out for an early couple of decent bitters then its home by 8 and onto the wine.

Something along those lines for me and the missus too. A couple of hours down the local, home by 8-ish, order a curry, open the wine and maybe watch that '50 Funniest Moments of 2013' thing, pausing it at midight for Big Ben. I kind of like those countdown shows.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Rarely do a pub, last year was the first year for a time I spent the night in a pub, and splendid it was too. Love NY though in the sense that I like to do a big clean in the daytime of NY eve ready for the NY, few afternoon pints, then on NY day a good old country walk, clear the cobwebs and look forward to a new year ahead. I like it, there's a sense of renewal I enjoy.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
The Meade flies back to London on new years eve and will then spend the evening unpopulated with merely a farewell to bread pizza, I would think. Tv and a fillum and some babbling on nsc afore an early rise and a lengthy run to get the new 12 months opened symbolically and some slight joy in witnessing the mountains of doorway puke and the little hoards of hardcorers ashen-facedly stumbling down high streets accompanied by a misty dawn and carrier bags of almost warm Kronenbergs. Home for a snooze and then on to the Amex I venture.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Used to but when pub's started charging a fiver to get in; thought I'd give it a miss. And taxi's are prohibitively expensive, greedy basstads.

Save it all for whatever Albion game is on New Years Day.
Which pubs charge a fiver? I usually go to half a dozen pubs and they are no different to any Friday or Saturday.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Spent years going to pubs, clubs and parties as it always felt the thing to do. Gradually, you realise you don't want the falseness and insincerity anymore and a quiet night in fits the bill nicely. You hear all the fireworks going off outside and you pour yourself another drink and just look forward to another year. One day doesn't change anything...you change things yourself.

Jul 7, 2003
Will only stay up late if there is something worth watching on the telly. If not, bed at usual time and home too many ar5eholes don't think fireworks are exciting to keep me awake.

Never been a great fan of NYE and in the 90's/00's all became a bit of a rip off as everywhere started charging for entrance or upping prices. As has been said on here before, it is a bit 'amateur night' with loads of people going for their once a year night out, drink too much and either get maudling or want a fight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here